Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 6 G.Loomis GLX rods for sale. I have a buddy who is on the Power Tackle Pro Staff and he has convinced me to sell some of my Loomis rods and try some of the Power Tackle rods. All of the rods are in great to perfect condition and as with all Loomis rods, if one ever breaks, send it back to Loomis with $25 and they'll send you a new one. Here's the list with descriptions from www.gloomis.com:

1. This rod retails for $470.00 but this one is available for only $300.00.

"BCFR894 GLX
Length: 7'5"
Power: 4
Pieces: 1
Casting
Imagine a rod so light you can flip all day long. One-piece construction eliminates even more weight and the titanium Recoil guides. well, you get the picture. If not, try one out and decide for yourself it this isn't the lightest, most responsive, most sensitive flipping stick you've ever fished."

2. This rod retails for $395.00 but this one is available for only $250.00.

"BCR874 GLX
Length: 7'3"
Power: 4
Casting
This is the epitome of Carolina Rig rods. It has a longer rear grip for two-handed casting control which is really nice when you start using leaders over 3-feet long. A fast action and the extra length dramatically increase your casting."

3. This rod retails for $460.00 but this one is available for only $300.00.

"BCFR863 GLX
Length: 7'2"
Power: 3
Casting
For years, anglers have asked us for a lighter flipping stick. One you can pitch or flip a smaller bait into lighter cover and along rocky shorelines. One that doubles up nicely for a big topwaters or small to medium swimbaits. Here you go!"

4. This rod retails for $395.00 but this one is available for only $250.00.

"BCR854 GLX
Length: 7'1"
Power: Fast
Casting
A very effective deep-water jig rod for fishing in relatively heavy cover. Has the power to move a fish to the boat NOW, yet it's light as a feather and you can fish with it all day long... no sore muscles, no fatigue, no problem."

5. This rod retails for $385.00 but this one is available for only $250.00.

"BCR853 GLX
Power: 3
Casting
A really well balanced worm rod for deep-water applications. Designed more for open-water situations where the cover isn't too thick, but will surprise you when you need to put the pressure on even a big bass. The extra fast taper makes this an accurate caster and a good choice for medium sized baits."

6. This rod retails for $385.00 but this one is available for only $250.00.

"BCR852 GLX
Power: 2
Casting
With light tip with a powerful butt-section this rod is a perfect choice for fishing lighter line and small jigs, especially in clear water when you need longer casts and more leverage for a long range hookset. An awesome buzzbait rod"

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I need another 854, consider it sold.

And I'm pretty sure my partner wants the 874, can you hold that for me?

Just curious, aren't Power Tackle rods built with GLX blanks? I'm not sure if they're the MBR or BCR blanks but have heard from several reliable sources they are Loomis blanks.

Please let me know how to pick up the 854.

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still have the 894, 863 and 852 available. The others have sold. If anyone is interested, let me know. I will be putting these on E-Bay Tuesday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts