Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just out after work fishing for an hour or so by the dam and caught this bad boy. 5.48lbs and a little over 22in. I was not on my kayak, just shore fishing. This is the 2nd over 5 lbs in the same spot, at about the same time at night, in the past 3 weeks. There are a lot of shorts, and less then 2lb fish though there.

IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0004.jpg

·
Registered
470 Posts
Um... I personally like to eat fish, and it was 100% legal to do that. You have never eaten fish before? If not, then you are missing out man!
it is not at all about it being " 100% legal " or tasting great, Lake Pflugerville is a very small fishery and if everyone takes just because it is legal then soon that small lake will be void of anything worth fishing for. I am all for people taking fish home for the grease but why not take one or two of the smaller fish and leave the larger to roam and multiply, not to mention for some kid who is sitting next to his/her dad with a worm under a bobber hook the fish and experience the same thrill you did when you caught it. yes I have eaten fish before and will continue to do so but I will not take fish out of such a small body of water.
just my opinion but i'm just a guy who enjoys to fish and to see others enjoy it as much as me.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont understand, how can I eat them if I dont keep them? if you can figure that out, then let me know...

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it is not at all about it being " 100% legal " or tasting great, Lake Pflugerville is a very small fishery and if everyone takes just because it is legal then soon that small lake will be void of anything worth fishing for. I am all for people taking fish home for the grease but why not take one or two of the smaller fish and leave the larger to roam and multiply, not to mention for some kid who is sitting next to his/her dad with a worm under a bobber hook the fish and experience the same thrill you did when you caught it. yes I have eaten fish before and will continue to do so but I will not take fish out of such a small body of water.
just my opinion but i'm just a guy who enjoys to fish and to see others enjoy it as much as me.
Lake pflugerville has posted that you cannot keep any fish under 18", so to keep a few of the smaller ones well, you cannot! haha I would rather eat 12-16" fish, because they taste better, but I don't want to get a ticket for keeping them... :)

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tasty bass holmes!

My favorite kinds of bass pictures in order:
1. Poaching layouts of three times the limit on the back of your boat
2. Kitchen LMBs (bonus points for over 5 pounds), taco time!
3. Bass Selfies
4. The BC 3 pounder that somehow magically doubles it weight when reported
What the hell is everyones problem, why am I getting backlash for keeping a flipping fish, I guaranty that 90% of you have kept fish to eat, so screw off. 1st off that was 5.48lbs, trusty digital scale said so.. 2nd off I was not poaching, 3rd off, I didnt have anyone to take the picture of it for me, thats why I put my hand out so you can see it in relation to something, and I dont know what a LBM is, but it had to be taken in the kitchen because I didnt have my phone... Here is another picture of it up next to a measuring tape on my kayak... (not caught on my kayak, just thats the only measuring tape I had)

Keep in mind that my kayak is a little curved, so the fish curved also, and therefor looked a little short... It was just barely over 22" in reality when holding with both hands.

IMG_0003.jpg

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Forget ever posting to this forum again. Great way to treat a newbie to the forum. I just moved here and I thought people in the south were hospitable and kind. I guess I was wrong.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Great way to treat a tiny fishery that cant have but 1 or 2 that size in it!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
What the hell is everyones problem, why am I getting backlash for keeping a flipping fish, I guaranty that 90% of you have kept fish to eat, so screw off. 1st off that was 5.48lbs, trusty digital scale said so.. 2nd off I was not poaching, 3rd off, I didnt have anyone to take the picture of it for me, thats why I put my hand out so you can see it in relation to something, and I dont know what a LBM is, but it had to be taken in the kitchen because I didnt have my phone... Here is another picture of it up next to a measuring tape on my kayak... (not caught on my kayak, just thats the only measuring tape I had)

Keep in mind that my kayak is a little curved, so the fish curved also, and therefor looked a little short... It was just barely over 22" in reality when holding with both hands.

View attachment 9963
To be clear I was not talking about you. This is the poaching guy we all make fun of:

This is a selfie:

Man look at this fat *******...

by the way that is me in that picture, making fun of myself here

Here is A BC "9 pounder" fish that grows in the report:

And the 5 pound kitchen bass, well yeah, guilty as **** on that one holmes. And yes I eat bass all the time, so more power to you. That being said, you go to a sport fishing site and post pictures of a kitchen bass expect a little backlash, especially when taken from such a small lake. All within your rights, so enjoy, but at least understand the concern of taking large breeding fish from a small fishery.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great way to treat a tiny fishery that cant have but 1 or 2 that size in it!
There are quite a few, I have caught 3 of them that size since I moved here (about a month ago). Almost every time I go I catch one this size. And, I didnt keep all of them, the only reason why I kept this one in particular was because he engulfed the lure, and it took 5 minutes to get the lure out. After he was bleeding all over the place, he was basically dead since I had to half way rip it out of his gut. I figured I should just keep it since it will die anyways...

1 - 20 of 95 Posts