Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I launched the Disco Yak from the south shore around 4:30 pm. The spiny naiad has the inside edge crystal clear. I paddled out to the outside edge and anchored.

Yesterday I wore my swim trunks and sandals. I also pulled the scupper plugs. It worked out because yesterday at 6pm a brief but heavy rain cloud blew over. Today I put the scupper plugs back in, wore my golf shorts, socks and sneakers. Much more comfortable.

Once I anchored the NE wind pushed me close to the edge. I caught two senko fish and one on TR Ol Monster, which is good, because those are the only two rods I brought. I tore ‘em up pretty good with those two rods yesterday. Today did not disappoint. I drifted down the outside edge. The pattern held up and I got good bites on both. Total of twenty-two fish for both days. Today’s best was 18.5” . Off at 7:30pm.
98FE250C-20C7-4320-86DB-DA480D001366.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I launched the Disco Yak from the south shore around 4:30 pm. The spiny naiad has the inside edge crystal clear. I paddled out to the outside edge and anchored.

Yesterday I wore my swim trunks and sandals. I also pulled the scupper plugs. It worked out because yesterday at 6pm a brief but heavy rain cloud blew over. Today I put the scupper plugs back in, wore my golf shorts, socks and sneakers. Much more comfortable.

Once I anchored the NE wind pushed me close to the edge. I caught two senko fish and one on TR Ol Monster, which is good, because those are the only two rods I brought. I tore ‘em up pretty good with those two rods yesterday. Today did not disappoint. I drifted down the outside edge. The pattern held up and I got good bites on both. Total of twenty-two fish for both days. Today’s best was 18.5” . Off at 7:30pm.
View attachment 44445
Curious what type of anchor do you use at Lake Pf? Is it on a trolley?

·
Super Moderator
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an eight pound ‘shroom anchor tied to fifty feet of quarter inch poly rope. No trolley, the Disco Yak is a no frills yak. I have a zig-zag cleat. I improvise anchor points like the aft bungee hold down and the fore mounted rod holder. This is what I’ll be doing at Pfork until they open the ramp and I can fish out of my Pond Prowler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts