Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Todd put together a superb Memorial Day party. He smoked ribs and brisket beans. Another guest brought an amazing smoked brisket. Hamburgers and hot dogs for all the non-smokers. Boss Hog was enjoyed by the revelers. Me, I go for soda. I won the Cards Against Humanity Family Edition game while Todd wrapped leftovers. We made a plan to fish Tuesday afternoon.

I’ve been dodging work and rain for weeks now, getting lots of time on the water, fishing everyday. Todd and I launched yesterday at 3pm and fished til 8:30pm. I inadvertently caught the very first fish while trying to clear an overrun on my TR rod. After that, it was a 100% senko fest. The lake was over the spillway and the fish were enjoying the expanded shoreline. We hammered the rip rap and the pond weed. When the smoke cleared, we’d boated nearly fifty. Cowabunga!

Today I launched at 4pm. I headed west and watched with dread as an afternoon pop up storm darkened the sky over Cedar Park. I checked the Fake Radar, I saw no reason for alarm. Then the lightning started. I quickly boated three fish with Chatterbait and then the bite vanished. I saw no reason to stick around as the outflow, scuds and lightning got closer. Off at 6pm.
9AFE3D85-6065-4FFC-BEC9-64875D5D2A45.jpeg

·
Registered
530 Posts
Better go check the mail. I am sure my invitation to that party must be out in my mailbox. Great report Jeremy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts