Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Todd and I launched from Decker at safe light. Todd caught a senko fish at our first stop. We were going to make a move to escape the hella wind, but when he put the engine in gear, he didn’t like the sounds it was making and shut it right down. We made it back to the ramp on battery and loaded up. I wasn’t ready to quit fishing, so I convinced Todd to park his rig and go with me to Pflugerville.

We launched from the Pflugerville pavilion at 9:00am into the hella wind. We fished pondweed from anchor and made the rounds. We had brief chats with several of the regular yakkers. One reported losing a giant at Pflugerville a couple days ago. Another yakker reported bass actively feeding at Georgetown but the hella wind chased them off that lake and, like Todd and I, were trying to salvage their day at P-ville. We were able to detect bites despite major bow in our lines. We boated sixteen between the two of us. Off at 1:00pm.
Water Cloud Sky Shorts Lake
Cloud Sky Water Smile Fisherman

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ok so here goes “the dumb question “- so you can put a big bass boat on Pville Lake and run the trolling motor the whole time? My buddy told me this….. I was like, really?

·
Super Moderator
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a dumb question. The City of Pflugerville allows bass boats on the lake as long as you never operate the gas engine, even for loading. The City of Austin has the same rule for Lady Bird, although I regularly have scofflaws tell me that they are singularly authorized to use the gas engine to load up.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not just loading up...

Certain people (a kid cough) run a 15hp from holiday inn ramp to redbud and back "guiding". The dude does not abide. Rules do not apply. At least a few rowers and rental SUPs are sunk anytime he does it. Good entertainment in my book, a little gas never hurts every so often.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Boat not acting right, and you guys still managed a good day in on the water. Todd, hope the V-Max is not too bad, love mine...
I have an appointment this coming Tuesday at H&H Marine to take a look. From my initial conversation it sounds like the lower unit pinion has sheared some teeth. BOAT is an accurate acronym in this case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts