Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I launched side-by-side this morning, forum member PIPELAYER graciously allowing me to launch first while he readied his rig. It was great visiting with you PIPELAYER. Todd grabbed the front seat and off we went, like old times. It was absolute pandemonium, just like old times!

This is close quarters fishing at its finest, two big Texans in a 10’ buggy. Todd started boating fish right away and I could tell he was going to run away with the fish count unless I did something. Since I can’t outfish him, I did everything else. I cast on top of him, I fouled him on my back cast, I squeaked my seat, I waited for him to make a long cast and then moved the boat. None of this was working and he continued to boat fish after fish.

He was throwing a vibrating jig and I tried to keep pace with a KVD 1.5. I was getting strikes but my treble hook bait couldn’t match the hook up ratio of the vibrating jig. Todd was executing flawlessly, boating nearly everything that bit: crappie, tiny cutie-pies and a four-and-a-half hammer that inhaled his beaver.

I took him over to a lay down I rarely visit and anchored up. Todd was anxious to get a crack at this one. He boated a nice fun-fish on his first cast and we each were able to get some fish from the cover. We were both throwing caution to the wind to add to our counts. He had caught twice as many fish and I was desperate. We were dropping right in to the wood or throwing over and dragging back. Todd got bumped and executed his patented “pop set.” His rod bent double and the drag was squealing as a monster double wrapped him around the trunk and snapped his line. His anguish was evident, and I resolved to treat him fairly for the rest of day.

We hung up repeatedly sometimes both of us at the same time and at one point three rods were snagged up. I patiently moved the boat in and out to retrieve lures from the lay down. We squeezed every last fish from that tree and moved on. Todd had to leave at eleven to cook Easter dinner. The fish seemed to be biting good and the weather was nice so I decide to stay. I made some minor adjustments to my lures and locations and I was on ’em. I wound up catching and surpassing Todd’s twenty fish day, but I did not beat his four point five pound hoss. Off at 3PM.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries Todd. After you left, I anchored in the middle of the lake. As the garlic stench wafted out, fish surrounded the boat. A few even jumped in the boat on their own, just to get at that garlic sauce.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I launched side-by-side this morning, forum member PIPELAYER graciously allowing me to launch first while he readied his rig. It was great visiting with you PIPELAYER. Todd grabbed the front seat and off we went, like old times. It was absolute pandemonium, just like old times!

This is close quarters fishing at its finest, two big Texans in a 10’ buggy. Todd started boating fish right away and I could tell he was going to run away with the fish count unless I did something. Since I can’t outfish him, I did everything else. I cast on top of him, I fouled him on my back cast, I squeaked my seat, I waited for him to make a long cast and then moved the boat. None of this was working and he continued to boat fish after fish.

He was throwing a vibrating jig and I tried to keep pace with a KVD 1.5. I was getting strikes but my treble hook bait couldn’t match the hook up ratio of the vibrating jig. Todd was executing flawlessly, boating nearly everything that bit: crappie, tiny cutie-pies and a four-and-a-half hammer that inhaled his beaver.

I took him over to a lay down I rarely visit and anchored up. Todd was anxious to get a crack at this one. He boated a nice fun-fish on his first cast and we each were able to get some fish from the cover. We were both throwing caution to the wind to add to our counts. He had caught twice as many fish and I was desperate. We were dropping right in to the wood or throwing over and dragging back. Todd got bumped and executed his patented “pop set.” His rod bent double and the drag was squealing as a monster double wrapped him around the trunk and snapped his line. His anguish was evident, and I resolved to treat him fairly for the rest of day.

We hung up repeatedly sometimes both of us at the same time and at one point three rods were snagged up. I patiently moved the boat in and out to retrieve lures from the lay down. We squeezed every last fish from that tree and moved on. Todd had to leave at eleven to cook Easter dinner. The fish seemed to be biting good and the weather was nice so I decide to stay. I made some minor adjustments to my lures and locations and I was on ’em. I wound up catching and surpassing Todd’s twenty fish day, but I did not beat his four point five pound hoss. Off at 3PM.
Jeremy yesterday was a good day so good I did not even leave until 11 last night.lol After 20 who cares can not tell you how many total lots of crappie also and the biggest crappie I have ever seen I did get some of giants lol. Some of the bass were in the 5 pound range as well it was unreal. I did not eat anything all day just water and when got to the ramp around 10 I heard another one and off I went caught2 right there at ramp. If anyone is wondering why I was able to do this its because I have read every post this guy Jeremy has made on this forum and literately have written down the the things he dose and it has paid off the biggest thing that I think is the 8 or 6 pound test line it makes a huge difference. Another he is prepared where as most of us jump up and go he plans for the most part what he is going to use and take and has everything all ready so there are no distractions when he gets on the water he knows where and what spots he is hitting.

·
Super Moderator
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s pretty cool that you turned around from the ramp, went back out and caught two more. As we went in, we did the same thing. Todd heard a splash so I u-turned from the ramp, but alas, we were unsuccessful. Glad that you got ‘em!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts