Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We were a hundred yards from the ramp, motoring alongside the dam in the pre-dawn darkness, when Todd remarked that he was warmer yesterday at Decker because he had been all layered up. I replied that all I brought was raingear because of the high rain chance at 8 a.m. He told me his raingear was in his truck at the parking lot, so I busted a U-ey.

A jon boat launched while Todd retrieved his raingear. He also grabbed the full of coffee yeti that had been left behind by the jon boaters. I double checked that my yeti full of coffee was safely in its holder. A couple years ago I left a yeti rambler at the Decker ramp.

The jon boat had nav lights on, so we pursued them but couldn't gain on them. About a hundred yards from the ramp, the coffee deprived angler busted a *****. We hailed them and passed over the yeti.

Our good deed done, we made turns for the south shoreline. Once on station, we quickly boated six fun-fish ripping hydrilla with the el-trap.

We went to the outside edge and drop-shot a half-hour for nada. We went to the mainlake point and caught fish on TR and MD, but these seemed to be anomalies. We needed a pattern. It started raining.

I anchored up on an outside edge. We'd found 'em. We drop-shotted for good effect. Todd got the best fish, a sturdy four pounder. I caught the same fish twice about ten minutes apart, noting a hook mark on the upper palate and distinct black mark on the anal fin. If you look closely at Todd's four-pounder, you will notice three spots between the caudal and pectoral fins. The spots are larvae. Does anyone know what kind of critter these are? I'm guessing crawdads.

The wind direction held steady, so we were not swinging on my sixty foot anchor rode. We caught fish after fish from under the boat until we left at 10:30 a.m.

I'll upload the pics later.
IMG_20200209_093614000.jpg
IMG_20200209_095747726.jpg

·
Registered
317 Posts
Jeremy is being kind. Until we found them on that last outside edge he was whipping up on me real good. I had one small fish on a trap up until that point.

I so enjoy video game fishing sometimes. Watching that sonar return, as it is heading for your drop shot, gets the heart going.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts