Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fulfilled my family commitment and headed for the lake at noon. Surprisingly, not many on the water. I trolled across to my first spot, an artificial tree fish attractor that is located in 15 FOW on a 45° drop-off. I dropped a robo worm right on it. As I explained to the pier angler what I was doing, my rod bent and I got my first one in the boat. I missed the next strike and then moved to my next spot, a mid cove drain. Nothing doing there so I drifted over some pond weed and got a couple on the TR BBH.

The wind was steady 5 knot out of the SW, so I anchored on one of my favorite spots, a main lake channel swing. I got some short strikes on the BBH, so I switched to drop-shot and got eleven in the boat.

I followed the channel up the shore and got a fun fish on a swim-jig. I moved over to the main lake point and did not get any bites. The wind died completely and I bounced around. I saw a nearby kayaker throwing a cast-net. I told him Lake Pflugerville is pole and line only. He was really nice, and thanked me for saving him from a potential fine. He said he saw me catch one and what was I using. I told him DS roboworms. He paddled away to hit up his buddy‘s roboworms.

I need to improve my angling skills, cover more water, and put my troller on the bow. I missed a couple that might have been good’uns. I am way overdue for a big fish at this lake. I need a paradigm shift in my program to find and catch quality fish. And still have fun doing it. Off at dusk.
7C29F2C0-9E75-4F4B-B153-8227F80F5B3A.jpeg

·
Registered
119 Posts
Great report as always. I think you'll like your trolling motor on the front. Back in the day I had a one-man that I bought at BassPro. I had the troller on the front and rigged up a foot button. On the back I installed a rudder locked in the center position to keep it from swinging so much. Had some fun with that.

·
Super Moderator
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dropped in at first light and started beating the bank with cranks and bladed jigs. Nothing bit for the first couple of hours. I got one on a TR by accident. I couldn’t get a TR fish on purpose, so I switched to drop-shot and got three with some degree of competence.

The pictured drop-shot fish was caught while I was anchored and fan-casting a crank. I glanced at my ‘lectronics and saw a fish under the boat. I jigged the roboworm a couple times and video game fish on. Off at 11AM
9F3EA026-5644-4C02-871B-9D2F9ED6C1A5.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m not a hater, LOL! I do get spun out if you’re haulin ‘em in and I’m gettin crumbs.

·
Super Moderator
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3/9/21 Pflugerville

I made a midweek afternoon jaunt to Pflugie. I put in a little after 4PM. I almost had the lake to myself, a kite boarder was cruising the southern cove. I trolled across and anchored up on the drain. Nada. I anchored up on a couple of shallow drop offs. Nada.

I anchored up on the channel swing. I caught a couple fun fish and five cutie pies. I had almost tossed the cutie over the side when I saw the washed out plastic in its throat. A Zoom Mag II on a 30# mono snelled 3/0 Khale hook with a 5” steel leader. Damn. I dug out the worm and I hope the little feller makes it. Off at sunset.
630BAF38-243B-4C5C-8778-8C087A1ABB5C.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3/11/21 Pflugerville

Launched right behind Vance around 4:30 pm and trolled across. I caught the first fish on a 3/16 oz spinnerbait on a shallow flat. I caught five on paddle tail in the 3 to 5 foot range. I ended the trip with two on drop shot from 15 FOW. WT = 63°F. Off at dusk.
88F9EEC8-5FEB-4D33-822E-F25BDD85088C.jpeg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts