Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was half way to work this morning when my manager called to say he was turning around to go home and wash out his drawers after looping his truck on 35. Disappointed that I‘m not working, I decided to go fishing instead. I put fresh line on four rigs and loaded the truck. I want to take advantage of the current conditions.

I fully expected a deserted park, but like BassinAg, the local yakkers wanted to keep their man card and get out ahead of me. I put in at noon and trolled across to Copperhead Cove. I fished my way into the cove with the chatterbait. Nada.

I drifted back out, anchoring sporadically to drop-shot and worm. I was surprised by how mild the temperatures were, only occasionally having to clear ice from the line guides. I thought blue norther winds would be white-capping. The rollers weren’t overly pushy, and I was able to anchor from a midship cleat instead of the bow eye.

The yakkers left. I’d been on the water for over two hours and I only got three bites. I saw a yakker put in, paddle a hundred yards and turn 180° right back to the ramp. I put on ski gloves, but casting the baitcaster with a thumb wider than the spool is harder than I thought. I headed in. Off at 3pm.

Now I‘ve got the whole weekend to go fishing before it gets really cold. I’ll still go fishing on Monday, just ‘cuz I want to use the excuse, “They were biting until the polar vortex shut ‘em down.”
B90C686E-70DA-4A5C-A7BF-093688DDDABD.jpeg

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sadly I may still have to turn my card over to JEremy. Especially if he is out at first light Monday morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts