Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a weekend angler. I fish the weekend no matter what. I checked the Fake Radar at 6 A.M. Must have been hacked by the Russkies. Texas is in a protracted drought. There’s no way that rain is real.

I launched first, around 8 A.M. The weather was mild, save the bone-chilling cold, the torrential rain and the occasional lightning strike. I got three in the boat cranking in the first half-hour, but the bite slowed as the morning went.

I dredged up a massive mussel, the poor guy covered with Zebras. The runoff turned the cove murky and with no hydrilla to filter, the Zebras will feed hearty tonight. I switched to Texas rig and got four more. I lost a good’un boat side on the crank.

The water was muddy and 52°F. Off at 1:30 P.M.

F9F3182F-2245-4D25-8AF5-1328A7DC8620.jpeg 27D7FA2B-AB80-4415-B439-6E39BAA3691B.jpeg FE87882D-8A2B-4AB7-BCD7-2F9A683F045B.jpeg

·
Registered
449 Posts
You continue to embarrass me when I look at the fake weather then decide they might be right given the amount of water running in the creek in front of our house. Oh well. Great job as usual Jeremy.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BassinAg, I’m the one that should be embarrassed. At 6 A.M. I took one last look at the phone app and decided the squall line would be passing as I launched. I grabbed my coffee mug, opened the door of the truck and KABOOM lighting hit just a couple miles west. I closed the truck door, pulled the rods out of the back of the truck and flipped the boat over.

That was the only lightning that hit in that hour, but it was enough to stay me for that hour. I was chomping at the bit so I finally went in the pouring rain (the squall line was a figment of my optimistic imagination.) The Pflugerville ramp resembled Slumber Falls on the Guadelupe. I walked on my heels through the stream to my truck to take it to the parking lot. While I was launching, a yakker backed down the ramp, so I’m not the only crazy angler in Pflugerville!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Smart to avoid water and lightening but you were on the water and moving a bait. I got the bug so bad that I volunteered to take my wife to work yesterday so I could fish retention ponds around the hospital until she was done. Beautiful morning and it was great to be out practicing my casting and it was wonderful. I spent 3+ hours learning different way to cast and present lures but received zero feedback from the residents of the ponds. Did have one Jeremy moment when a jogger stopped to talk to me about fishing the pond. She was pleasing to the eye which made the conversation all the more enjoyable (no mamma doesn't read this forum :p ). Hopefully this weather holds and we can all get out and feel something pulling on our lines like Jeremy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts