Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perfect fishing weather Is hard to ignore. I loaded the truck and headed to my favorite mud-hole. I launched around 2pm.

I noticed the Moss Monster is gone. The owner had moored it at the ramp and pretty much abandoned it. Last year, I stripped down to my boxers and waded it from the courtesy dock to the ditch by the playground. I shoved it up there pretty tight to the culvert and dropped the anchor poles. The dock space was needed to give boaters more room at the ramp. With the water level still low, I’m sure a crane was required to pull it from that ditch. Since the COP has killed the hydrilla, there is no use for the Moss Monster. I kinda miss it already, the hydrilla I mean.

With no hydrilla to fox with, I went straight to the pond weed. In the bright sunlight the shallow growing pondweed was easy to see. I anchored downwind of a dense clump and caught three cutie-pies with senko. I made the rounds, and I caught four more fish on eight strikes. I didn’t get anymore senko fish, but I did get bit on two treble jerk bait, Texas-rig creature, and drop-shot worm.

Water temp is 66.5°F and water is stained. I saw some kids catching fish from the bank. Off at sunset.
080662CF-C32A-4E74-AA41-CDFF4F9BAB75.jpeg

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As I loaded the truck this morning, I dug a mid diver crank out of my stash and tied it on. I drove into the pavilion loop and saw a boat launching. I felt last. I followed him out the channel. He went along the dam and I turned down the swimbeach. Then he reversed course and returned to the ramp. I felt first!

I started cranking and a fun-fish choked it. As I was attempting to CPR, it started raining. I put on my rainsuit and resumed cranking and hauling water. I made the rounds but the fish were quiet. I drop-shotted the main lake rock pile and caught a fish. The rain finally quit but the bite had quit long before. Off at 9am.

E0B92F41-D766-42FD-A4B0-46353D2A55E5.jpeg D463890C-35B3-4DA8-B911-E6EFB5D7C02D.jpeg

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
when i got back from corpus yesterday i stopped at pville to make some casts just to get the salt off everything. every cast resulted in grass...no good...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts