Bass Fishing Forum banner

Pflugerville 10/11/20

851 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  BassinAg 
#1 ·
We launched an hour-and-a-half before sunrise, so we fumbled around in the dark draggin’ a worm until the sun came up. Even though I know the precise location of every grass clump in the lake, I waited until first light to move to the inside edge.

Two Texas-born ******** who like gettin’ each other’s goat, I was happier than a puppy with two peckers when I struck first, yankin’ a three-pounder clean out of the veggies. Not wantin’ to get left behind, Todd picked up his senko rod and wrestled a four-pound tub from the weeds. The fish fought hard. It swam under the boat and thumped the hull hard enough to feel the boat shake. I took his picture and complimented him, “That’s a very nice two-pound fish.”

He looked at me sideways and continued fishing senko. I said, “I’m fixin’ to really piss you off.”

He replied, “Wha’cha goan’ do, catch one on weightless fluke?” which is precisely what I did. He said, “I like your fluke technique, how you give fish-catching action to the lure with deadstick and totally slack line.”

I acknowledged his critique with one-finger salute, released the fish and promptly bagged a fun-fish on Texas-rigged craw-worm.

He knocked me right off my high horse by wrestling ANOTHER four-pounder from the grass.

I sized up the fish, “Two-eleven...”

We wound up with ten between the two of us. Off at 10am. Looking forward to next weekend, could actually be fall fishing by then!
Fish Bass Fishing Fish Recreation
Fish Bass Fishing Cod Recreation

See less See more
#5 ·
When I take the kids or grandkids out we have a running tournament. $1 for the first fish, $1 for the biggest fish and $1 for the most fish. The youngest gets to define "fish" meaning anything that swims or what we are actually fishing for. They do love the game of it and I love getting them outdoors and interested in fishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.