Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made a post elsewhere about gear, with a pic of new lure....just had to try it, so after tv golf hit pf with it. 2 guys were leaving and i mentioned the 10+ caught monday, and they mentioned they were there that day, and a buddy caught an 8, and he caught a 3+...using red cranks...
so, from 545 to 645pm i threw in that area. the choppo is kinda like a new and improved whopper plopper, with an extension that keeps the trailing treble further behind the spinning tail/plopper doohickie, which i noticed messes up bites in the WP.
anyway, threw it, and i might see future use for it on the coast.

then tied on the sabile to get as close to red as possible, but nothing.

however, close to leaving time, bait fish were scurrying all over this point.

too bad it was too dark to tie on a topwater! might hit it again at dusk tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
made a post elsewhere about gear, with a pic of new lure....just had to try it, so after tv golf hit pf with it. 2 guys were leaving and i mentioned the 10+ caught monday, and they mentioned they were there that day, and a buddy caught an 8, and he caught a 3+...using red cranks...
so, from 545 to 645pm i threw in that area. the choppo is kinda like a new and improved whopper plopper, with an extension that keeps the trailing treble further behind the spinning tail/plopper doohickie, which i noticed messes up bites in the WP.
anyway, threw it, and i might see future use for it on the coast.

then tied on the sabile to get as close to red as possible, but nothing. View attachment 44203

however, close to leaving time, bait fish were scurrying all over this point. View attachment 44204

too bad it was too dark to tie on a topwater! might hit it again at dusk tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PF: pflugerville lake.
GT: georgetown (usually picnic area, sometimes russell park)
once the summer heats up it'll be bastrop.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Was that a lure with a lip Bill? Did you actually throw it into the water WITH a line attached to it?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Brought a tear to my eye Bill. Now you can check that nonsense off your 2021 bucket list and get back to top water fishing.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That pinkish lure is a senile. (Sebile. Another funny spell correct) I always bring it. Rarely throw it. I try it, or the yo zuri, when there's zero activity on top, and I just get a feeling I should try something that goes under...and shallow...that rises...i hate losing lures...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts