Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Re: Per Falcon Tackle, Charles Whited won the S.Tx Bass Federation Nation tourney yesterday, w/36lb stringer

Something doesn't add up with these results. It says Charles Whited weighed in a total of 38.89lbs for 5 fish. Then it says his big fish was 7.21lbs. Well, If that was his big fish, even if all 5 of his fish weighed the exact same at 7.21lbs...that would only make his total 36.05lbs???? Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Re: Per Falcon Tackle, Charles Whited won the S.Tx Bass Federation Nation tourney yesterday, w/36lb stringer

Two possible scenarios...

1. Typo or misprint

2. He had five cookie cutter 7-8 pounders and could have easily eyeballed them all and selected the wrong fish for big bass...especially if the 9 was already weighed in, knew there was no way he had big fish and just weighed one in for shizzles and giggles.

I can't even imagine staring into a limit of 7.8 pound fish and trying to select the biggest one if I hadn't weighed and clipped them previously.  Heck, I'd be too busy cleaning my drawers out to even think about weighing a fish for big bass.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts

Hell B, I stomp up to weigh in with one 7 lb. Congrats to Charles, I did not donate to his cause this time. I did a bunch of time in the past. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts

He did exactly that, most were very similar in size so he just picked one quickly and weighed it. He did have a heck of sack, though. He said he had one around 8, and I had just weighed my 8. We laughed after wards because he may have had a secound place big bass check as well.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

So now, you'd think in a situation like that where you've got a few fish that are so close to the same size, they would weigh each one to check. Guess not. For some reason I do seem to recall in the back of my head somewhere reading something once in some tournament rules about only being able to select one bass to weigh in for big fish. That's a silly rule. I understand why they say that, but it's still silly...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.