Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone else has noticed the bank fisherman on Bastrop keeping every bass they catch, no matter the size or limit. As much as I fish Bastrop I have seen the wardens there maybe 3 times, and never have I saw them checking the bank fishermans stringers! Also, back when the bass were schooling like crazy I saw many boaters keeping slot fish and over their limits as well. This is a small fishery and very susceptible to being ruined by these practices. Please report illegal activity when you see it!!

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
My experience out there is that the wardens will respond promptly if you see a violation. They will even hop on your boat and let you take them to the perpetrator if you feel like being that involved. Game violators are typically dumbasses that need a little extra motivation to abide by game laws and not desecrate your resource

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If you see it happening and call, word will get around and it'll stop quick. Not only that but maybe they'll start keeping the unders, which would really be helpful on bastrop. I've personally never seen anyone keep an illegal fish out there, but if I did I would call the game warden.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts