Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Launched the yak right at 4pm and headed across to see if I could have some fun before the sun set. Worked my way around the point and up the creek with only a few nibbles (had to be bass but I don't have Jeremy's touch). Tried just about all of the usual suspects but nothing was working. Decided to head in early and began making my way back to the ramp. I was tossing a 1/4 oz. watermelon jig up around the bridge pilings as I headed towards them. Noticed my line moving more than I felt anything but set the hook anyway. Not much fight but I landed a small crappie with more heart than size. Decided to slow down and work the pilings. Got a few more hits and hooked something but lost it. I switched to a small metal flaked black/blue 1/16oz. jig and the fun began. By the time it was dark enough I should have had lights on I had boated 17 nice crappie and dinner for momma and I was set. It has been a while since I got into any crappie like this but it was a nice change of pace. Recipe for the crappie is posted in the cooking section. Keep your lines tight and have a blessed day.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts