Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swing low sweet chariot, comin Lord to carry me home....
Inspired by Jeremy's success I took the yak down to the river yesterday afternoon to see what I could find. I figured singing was part of his ritual so I did my own. That is pretty much where the similarity ended. I worked the creek for almost two hours. Chatter baits, jigs, drop shot, Senko, crank baits and BBH all thrown. Before Jeremy started showing off I would have said that I got a lot of nips by brim but I know better now. I simply could not get a set on those taps. The BBH was getting attention but nothing that my meager skills could take advantage of. I started in as the sun was setting. Switched to a crappie jig as I worked my way around the pilings. I managed to hook one nice crappie but consistent with the rest of this outing, it shook itself free as I was lifting it out of the water. Darkness overruled continuing to work the bridge so I went in. Also noticed some wallows by the water. In the 14 years I have been out here we have been lucky to avoid feral hogs unlike many around us. Looks like that is over but on the bright side I do love baby back ribs. Oh well, at least I can sing my way home. Keep your lines tight and have a blessed day.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts