Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could not stand the great weather so I told my boss I was taking off and loaded the yaks. Momma and I went over to Johnson City and launched into the dammed up portion of the river right at the bridge. There was two other yakkers fishing when we got there so we worked the north bank for the most part to stay out of there way. We were on the water just after 1 and fished until about 4 with zero results. Momma hooked something nice on a chatterbait but only had it briefly. I had a couple short bites on a senko but nothing I could hook. As we were loading the boats the other guys were coming in. Asked them how they did and they had about the same results as we did. One had managed to catch two small LMB and said they were full of shad. We had seen a few along the shoreline but nothing major working. When we got home I decided to go down to the ramp and see if the white bass had begun their run. Worked some jigs, spoons and an old Little George for about an hour until dark. I managed to catch two small males with no sign of spawn yet. I think maybe this rain and some warm weather next week might just set them off.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts