Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is just for you Bill. Well you and the Jeremy/Todd show. Time to man up so I went down to the river to see how the bite was. Well sort of. Goal was 15 casts (or a fish). Made it to 11. And no fish. Air temp was 28. Water temp was cold as F.

Yes those are shorts Bill. Didn't you tell us you would not be going out in anything else?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stupid is the first word that comes to mind. And note that I was not out long. Unlike Jeremy, who puts us all to shame with his cold weather fishing. Figured I had to get out and post or give my man card up to him.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah, I very briefly considered trying to slide my truck down the ramp at Cedar Breaks, stopping right at the water to launch, start the engine, make one turn around the cove and then go home, but whussed out and stayed home.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In other words you were smarter than I was. Well done Welder. I think Momma is eyeing the life insurance. When I told her what I was planning to do she suggested I run over to the Llano and wade in. I may not be a smart man but I do know what a bad idea is Jenny.

·
Registered
234 Posts
No comment on Momma being right. Really wanted to go to New Braunfels to catch trout from the kind folks at TPWD, they dont care if it's cold or not

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We went over there a couple weeks ago but didnt get to fish. We did it last year and it was great. They will bite anything looking like a dough ball. It tooks us about 45 minutes to limit out then we just fished for fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts