Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhat like Jeremy, my boss told me to go fishing yesterday. Actually due to work demands caused be man power shortages related to COVID furloughs I have over 9 weeks of accrued vacation and sick leave and counting. My new boss told me to get my butt away from the computer and start using it any way I could. So yesterday afternoon I loaded up the kayak and went back out to the bridge pilings to revisit those crappie. Took my ultralight gear and some tube jigs with me and paddled over to the first set of pilings where I hooked one a couple days ago. I worked around the piling for about 45 minutes and got nothing. Moved across to the second piling and the fun began. It will never cease to amaze me how tightly crappie can school together. They were suspended about 2 feet from the bottom and packed around what I believe was a pile of debris wedge against the piling. Dropping that jig about two feet left or right of the perfect spot and I seldom got a strike. Mainly caught them on the black/pink fire tail but after those ran out I also caught them on chartreuse/black as well as black/blue flake. Momma came down to the ramp about 4:30 to see how I was doing. I paddled over to her and gave her the report to date. God bless that woman, her only concern was dinner. So back out I went and started working on the protein portion of our evening meal. Off at dusk with supper in hand and they were still biting the jigs. New recipe for crappie is posted in the cooking section. I think I will go out again this afternoon and see if the bite will continue. Keep your lines tight, be safe and have a blessed day.
Crappie 11-19-20.png

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, at the bridge there are places it is still around 8-10 but not much more than that and still falling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts