Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Momma wanted to go walk so we packed up the dogs and drove to Pedernales Falls State Park. Should have called first because the park was closed. Turned around and headed back home. On the way through Johnson City we passed Pedernales River Nature Park. We decided to pull in there and take the dogs for a walk. We walked down the road and at the end found a trail that ran along the river. Water was up and we were spotting bass in most of the pools. Jogged (Momma did - I just walked fast cause I am an old fart) back to the car - loaded up and ran back to Spicewood. Dropped off the dogs and loaded up the gear. Back on the river just after 3:30 and we began working the pools. 3rd cast on a senko got me a sweet little dink with a lot of fight in him. Momma normally shies away from plastics but asked me to rig her up with something. As I tied on her hook she decided on a baby brush hog. As we got down into the water I began working my way up river while she stayed with the pools right where we came in. Over the course of the next 90 minutes or so I got several nice bites, hooked into 7 fish and landed none. It was getting towards dark so I worked my way back down river to get momma and load up. Found her about 200 feet further down than when I left her. As I worked my way over to her I noticed that she was just casting out and slowly reeling the bait back in. I was trying to politely tell her that she was doing it wrong when her rod dipped and she let out a sweet yelp before reeling in a nice 14" bass. I hopped across the rocks to see her fish and congratulate her. I told her I had struck out but that at least she had salvaged the family name with this one. She started laughing at me while explaining that this was the 11th bass she had caught in the pools by "doing it wrong" (yes she heard me earlier I guess). She then led me over to the shore where she had a stringer tied up. On it were two of Jeremy's cutie pies. Using the trusty DeLiar I found a sweet on just under 2lbs. and another that hit slightly over 3lbs (when I shook it a little). Sufficiently chastised we released her prizes and loaded up to head home. Keep your lines tight and have a blessed day.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Very nice report. The BBH has got to be Zoom’s most versatile lure. There is no wrong way to fish it. Glad she proved it to you!

I want to clarify the “Jeremy” classification of the fish in your report. Your dear betrothed’s two pounder is a “fun-fish”. Her three pounder’s a “good’un!”

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang Jeremy, thanks for the clarification. I knew there was an actual scale here. You should post that so we are all on the same page when reporting our catches. :) And Momma said she liked cutie pie better but she is fine with the good 'un since either way she topped me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts