Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reached Johnson City on the way to Opie's and momma suggested we try the river at the Nature Reserve since we were right there. Am I a lucky man or what - wife suggesting we stop and fish on the way home? Since i hadn't tried my new iBobber with her along we decided to fish the park above the dam where some timber is down in the water. We fiddled around with it for a few minutes and then finally got it out near the exposed limbs. Water was a balmy 50.4 degrees and around 9 feet deep (still trying to figure this thing out). Nothing was showing on the screen - no surprise there given how big a splash it makes when it lands. We started working the area around the trees with everything we had but nothing was happening. Momma had turned off her phone as that thing really drains the battery. We had decided to real up and head out but she turned her phone on one more time and there they were - fish according to the iBobber - right around where we were practicing our casting. According to the screen color they were small fish but at least they were there. So we tied on smaller jigs and tried again. Nothing. Momma was done and ready to pack up when I decided to throw a tiny white crappie jig out with those little pink dough balls on the hook. 3rd cast and I had a little crappie on the bank. Quickly rigged up momma's pole and we proceeded to catch 6 more little crappie. Nothing worth keeping but at least my hands smelled like fish at the end of the day. We stayed there another hour but nothing else happened. Time to load up and hope Opie's still had food. Sadly, they were sold out for the day. Got home and turned on the Saints v. Tampa Bay game while making us some venison Italian sausage with mushroom risotto. Not Opie's BBQ but it was pretty good. Keep your lines tight, be safe and have a blessed day.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while. We shall see. Not sold on it yet but it was a fun change up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts