Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who in the Austin area, can anyone recommend, would be able (or willing) to rebuild a 1991 Johnson 150 Faststrike. engine started knocking last weekend. Compression is good on all 6 but one piston top is grey and the rest black(normal). I have a guy in Spring TX who will do it but I'd rather not haul the boat all the way there and back. It is on a Ranger 363V

Hank
[email protected]
512 705 9055

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Give Kenneth a call at Texas Fishing and Marine 512-859-1749

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please don't use Hughes Marine service, he failed to rebuild my friends Yamaha 250 twice and it cost my friend $4500, he got nothing in return. Stay away.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As you can see from my original post that back in May I had a motor knocking and was looking for someone to fix it. My friends in South Austin Bass Club recommended Blake Enberg in Llano and after lollygagging around for well over a month, I finally took him the boat. Originally from Dallas area, Blake now has a small shop in Llano...Hill Country Mobile Boat Service 469 556 9980. I think that after spending 20 yrs in the automobile repair service that I can pretty much tell when someone is blowing smoke and when they know what they are talking about. Blake knows what he is talking about. Everything he told me about my problem was 100% spot on. He does not try to sell you extra work that is not needed. His prices were fair. He worked with me to get my insurance claim settled and got the repairs done quickly and efficiently.
I know that there are other boat mechanics in the area that are good at what they do. I can only suggest that if you need work done on your boat, give Blake a call...take your boat to Llano and enjoy some good Coopers Bar-B-Que while you are there. Blake will do you a good job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts