Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! just did a lil fishing off my buddies dock, across from Pace Bend but just before Gloster Bend area. Instead of going straight to Gloster Bend, you go left on Singleton Bend.

Me and a buddy, took our lights out there and hung them just over the water, and 30 mins later or so, when we came back down to fish, the baitfish where there in mass quantities, and could see the whites darting around, and could hear some monsters in his cove all night long. hitting topwater. We had fun, cause we caught all kinds of stuff, fished from midnight to around 7 or so, It got cold and really really windy, so windy my poles where blowing over, almost lost the chair when i was catching a fish.

Ended up leaving with 2 keeper Catfish, a GasperGoo, some nice crappie, the biggest was about 13 in, and 4 whites. and hooked a really nice bass right off the bat, but lost him, when he jumped and did a flip. and then i caught this 2.5 pounder twice, once while it was dark, and then when it was barely light enough to make me wanna start casting all over with my brand new crank. both times he was just outside the main lit up area. It's funny cause I said, God, i just want one more bass, and thats when i caught this lil guy again, so I took a quick pick cause it was brighter outside, and we left.

Oh yea, I think I hooked a Gar last night, cause I havent seen my Abu Garcia rod and reel, bend like that, and when I went to set the hook, it was like someone snipped it with some scissors, I had seen a couple of gar earlier. We also had a big Moccasin about 5 feet long, trying to eat our baitfish swimming around our lights, so the third time i saw him, I grabbed my fillet knife and snuck up on him and swung at him, and hit him but he just swam off slow.

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Sounds like you had a great night. Thanks for the report.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.