Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught a nice sized bass at OSP. Drove all the way up to round rock just to test the place out. Who ever was warning about the mud was not kidding. I fell knee deep into the dirt. I first threw a yellow 3/8 oz spinner bait with 2 silver willows and caught a 14 inch bass. Sent it back into the water for the next guy. Then I lost the lure on a cast, think I may be casting too hard, so I put on a cheap beetle spin and caught the smallest LMB ever, about 3 inches. My buddy had no luck.

Then off to lake Austin on a mysterious bank. Beetlespin: nothing, Spinner: nothing, Crankbait: Nothing, chicken liver was stolen off all night by small fish.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Caught a nice sized bass at OSP. Drove all the way up to round rock just to test the place out. Who ever was warning about the mud was not kidding. I fell knee deep into the dirt. I first threw a yellow 3/8 oz spinner bait with 2 silver willows and caught a 14 inch bass. Sent it back into the water for the next guy. Then I lost the lure on a cast, think I may be casting too hard, so I put on a cheap beetle spin and caught the smallest LMB ever, about 3 inches. My buddy had no luck.

Then off to lake Austin on a mysterious bank. Beetlespin: nothing, Spinner: nothing, Crankbait: Nothing, chicken liver was stolen off all night by small fish.
The first time I took my son out fishing we went to OSP and all we caught was a baby bass...he thought it was awesome. We've had some better luck there since then.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Geez fellas. A few of us fish there every damn morning. We pull em out (and put em back) ranging from 2lbs - 5lbs ALL THE TIME!!!
Fished they're a few days ago and our best 4 keepers went right at about 8lbs with easily 15 more dinks. Not big fish, but they were keepers. About a week ago I caught about a 3lber from the shore as well. There are good fish in there, it can be a tough place to fish sometimes though.

Clancy W

·
Registered
696 Posts
What are you all fishing with? pulling 2-5 pounders all the time must be nice.
Buzz Baits and frogs early...soft plastics after that. We catch our share of dinks...but we also catch quite a few good ones. I fish there about 3 - 6 times a week in the mornings...so I have my hit and miss spots...fish are fickle right now. I went out today at about 12:30 before work and fished an hour or so and caught 3 pound to pound and a halfers all on soft platics...all 3 were caught and 3 different colors and 3 different types of plastics. Yesterday evening I had 2 small bites...no fish. Yesterday morning I hooked a good one and lost it and caught 2 REAL small ones. OSP has it's days it will give up quite a few...other days its TOUGH to get a bite.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Plastics can produce all day if you are there on a good day. If you are there at dusk throw a topwater. That may be true at dawn but you will have to check with the morning crowd for that info.

Clancy W

·
Registered
696 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but I was out there for a walk today and came across two REALLY big cottonmouths. I posted on it in the Miscellaneous category. You guys be careful out there.
http://www.austinbassfishing.com/forum/miscellaneous-info/26905-cottonmouths-old-settlers.html

I'm sure the "There are no cottonmouths in Williamson county" group will be here soon enough to tell you that you were wrong Deb.

I know for a fact that are 2 dead cottonmouths in Williamson county. LOL Thanks for the heads up...where at near the water were you guys.....you know just so I can STAY AWAY!!!! LOLOL....I hate frikin snakes. All 4 kinds....Big ones...lil ones...live ones and dead ones.

·
Registered
134 Posts
hi Red

it's much cooler in the morning now that we don't have to worry much about .. [lookin'round] snake?

btw. If I want to joint you folks in the morns to learn bass fishing, may I just show up.. ?

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm sure the "There are no cottonmouths in Williamson county" group will be here soon enough to tell you that you were wrong Deb.

I know for a fact that are 2 dead cottonmouths in Williamson county. LOL Thanks for the heads up...where at near the water were you guys.....you know just so I can STAY AWAY!!!! LOLOL....I hate frikin snakes. All 4 kinds....Big ones...lil ones...live ones and dead ones.
You can join us anytime we're out...be glad to have ya

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.