Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught a nice sized bass at OSP. Drove all the way up to round rock just to test the place out. Who ever was warning about the mud was not kidding. I fell knee deep into the dirt. I first threw a yellow 3/8 oz spinner bait with 2 silver willows and caught a 14 inch bass. Sent it back into the water for the next guy. Then I lost the lure on a cast, think I may be casting too hard, so I put on a cheap beetle spin and caught the smallest LMB ever, about 3 inches. My buddy had no luck.

Then off to lake Austin on a mysterious bank. Beetlespin: nothing, Spinner: nothing, Crankbait: Nothing, chicken liver was stolen off all night by small fish.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Caught a nice sized bass at OSP. Drove all the way up to round rock just to test the place out. Who ever was warning about the mud was not kidding. I fell knee deep into the dirt. I first threw a yellow 3/8 oz spinner bait with 2 silver willows and caught a 14 inch bass. Sent it back into the water for the next guy. Then I lost the lure on a cast, think I may be casting too hard, so I put on a cheap beetle spin and caught the smallest LMB ever, about 3 inches. My buddy had no luck.

Then off to lake Austin on a mysterious bank. Beetlespin: nothing, Spinner: nothing, Crankbait: Nothing, chicken liver was stolen off all night by small fish.
The first time I took my son out fishing we went to OSP and all we caught was a baby bass...he thought it was awesome. We've had some better luck there since then.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Geez fellas. A few of us fish there every damn morning. We pull em out (and put em back) ranging from 2lbs - 5lbs ALL THE TIME!!!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Geez fellas. A few of us fish there every damn morning. We pull em out (and put em back) ranging from 2lbs - 5lbs ALL THE TIME!!!
Fished they're a few days ago and our best 4 keepers went right at about 8lbs with easily 15 more dinks. Not big fish, but they were keepers. About a week ago I caught about a 3lber from the shore as well. There are good fish in there, it can be a tough place to fish sometimes though.

Clancy W

·
Registered
696 Posts
What are you all fishing with? pulling 2-5 pounders all the time must be nice.
Buzz Baits and frogs early...soft plastics after that. We catch our share of dinks...but we also catch quite a few good ones. I fish there about 3 - 6 times a week in the mornings...so I have my hit and miss spots...fish are fickle right now. I went out today at about 12:30 before work and fished an hour or so and caught 3 pound to pound and a halfers all on soft platics...all 3 were caught and 3 different colors and 3 different types of plastics. Yesterday evening I had 2 small bites...no fish. Yesterday morning I hooked a good one and lost it and caught 2 REAL small ones. OSP has it's days it will give up quite a few...other days its TOUGH to get a bite.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Plastics can produce all day if you are there on a good day. If you are there at dusk throw a topwater. That may be true at dawn but you will have to check with the morning crowd for that info.

Clancy W

·
Registered
288 Posts
Red and clancy are both right. There are some days where there's just NO pattern and they bite ANYTHING, but there are days that they're so finicky that they just tap at the lure and don't wanna bite it.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but I was out there for a walk today and came across two REALLY big cottonmouths. I posted on it in the Miscellaneous category. You guys be careful out there.
http://www.austinbassfishing.com/forum/miscellaneous-info/26905-cottonmouths-old-settlers.html

I'm sure the "There are no cottonmouths in Williamson county" group will be here soon enough to tell you that you were wrong Deb.

I know for a fact that are 2 dead cottonmouths in Williamson county. LOL Thanks for the heads up...where at near the water were you guys.....you know just so I can STAY AWAY!!!! LOLOL....I hate frikin snakes. All 4 kinds....Big ones...lil ones...live ones and dead ones.

·
Registered
134 Posts
hi Red

it's much cooler in the morning now that we don't have to worry much about .. [lookin'round] snake?

btw. If I want to joint you folks in the morns to learn bass fishing, may I just show up.. ?

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm sure the "There are no cottonmouths in Williamson county" group will be here soon enough to tell you that you were wrong Deb.

I know for a fact that are 2 dead cottonmouths in Williamson county. LOL Thanks for the heads up...where at near the water were you guys.....you know just so I can STAY AWAY!!!! LOLOL....I hate frikin snakes. All 4 kinds....Big ones...lil ones...live ones and dead ones.
You can join us anytime we're out...be glad to have ya

1 - 14 of 14 Posts