Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice morning on LA weather looked good.  LA was practically empty big plus of winter fishing.  Went with more experienced buddy who put me on the pink whacky.  Moved alot trying different shore spots.  Docks worked late in the day with one nice keeper off a corner.  Not much of any bites.  

·
Registered
291 Posts
hmm maybe i should have sucked it up and gone. i figured with the holiday and the warm weather there woulda been lots of traffic like yesterday. however, i only got one bite yesterday and it was tiny, so i doubt i missed out on much.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
We haven't had a whole lot of warm weather lately, except for the last couple of days so it's probably still a little too early to start working the banks. Really, I can only talk about what worked for me over the weekend. My fish have come from areas mostly around 8-15 feet deep and some of them, the smaller ones, were on the shallow end of that range, maybe even around 5-6 ft. deep, but you gotta have deep water close by, at least 15-20 ft. Of course, all of that could change by this weekend, especially if we have 4-5 straight days of 70-80 temps...  :cool:

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Thanks for the report. Think I'm done with LA until the weather stabalizes.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I fished LA this past Wednesday (Jan 14) and caught 1 dink and missed another in deep water. I also covered shallow water, flats and boat docks.  I am beginning to think we need to have an LAA (Lake Austin Anonymous) meeting so we can figure out where and how to catch during these times.  Maybe the fish don't know how to act with the skiers, wake boarders and pleasure boaters not being present -  ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.