Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I posted - mainly because I moved to the DFW area and haven't fished much. I've fished Ray Roberts about six times at nite and had very little luck. No grass is my favorite excuse.

I finally bit the bullet and made an emergency trip to Fayette a few weeks ago. Fished three nights. Launched around midnight the first night and went straight to the intake. Water was not moving which was a drag I guess. It was pretty slow up until 3:30 am when I hooked this 7 pounder. I was fishing out a bit on the rock ledge that extends out from the entrance. Was using a 10 inch power worm as usual.

True I got hung up in the rocks and broke off many times - even though I was using a very tiny weight. But I got a lot of bites and landed a few.

Fished Baffle Dike some - but there were very few fish showing up. So we decided to fish the other side and spotted fish deep about 100 feet from the dike. Managed to catch a few small ones.

I switched to Senko's at one point but used up the few I had. I found one bag of Chompers that are Senko look alikes. The bites picked up dramatically and I went through the bag in no time. Anyone else tried Chompers? Must be the scent.

The wind blew us off the lake the third night. As I've said before, a magic 8 ball is more accurate than the Fayette weatherman.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
That is no lie about the 8-ball being more accurate. If they call for 5 mph winds, then the rule of thumb on this lake is to multiply the wind forecast by two to get the correct winds out there. And there really isn't any good deep areas to get out of the summer winds either. TFTR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts