Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Mr. and Mrs. Bass Club of Austin tournament on OH Ivie this weekend.  First day only had 6lbs. Had to put 2 fish back that were 15 inches because of club/lake rules.

The beauty of bass fishing is how fast things can change.

Today was a different story. The bite was on. We had over 28lbs in the boat within the first hour. Feels good when you are culling 3 and 4lbers.  Largest fish we had was 8.8lbs.

Got lucky and found a house foundation and roadbed loaded with good sized fish that helped us come back and win the club tourney.

Effective depth was 14 to 18ft.

All fish were caught rigging watermelon red flukes and Nichols Lures creature baits.

First time on the lake was last weekend, think I am starting to like OH Ivie. I will be going back again soon.

One thing I wanted to mention was last weekend we found a large school of whites and were catching them drop after drop on jigging spoons. While reeling one white up about a 5lb largemouth tried to eat it and swim by the boat back and forth for a minute. Was really neat to see, wish I had some video.

;-)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks my friend. Wish I could have weighed in all the regurgitated fish in my livewell, may have had 30lbs. ;-)

One thing I forgot to mention is the weekend before we found some whites feeding on shad in 30ft of water and were catching them one after the other on a 1oz jigging spoon. When my buddy reeled one up about a 5lb bass swatted at it and missed it when he was pulling it out of the water, then swam back and forth for a few seconds with half his body out of the water looking for it, right beside the boat..was an awesome thing to see, wish I had it on camera.

After that he tied on a 1oz Nichols Flutter spoon and stuck about a 7lber that came off after it jumped at the boat.

Moral of the story, apparently they were feeding on whites.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Robert--congrats again to you and Leslie on your big win and finding that Honey Hole!

You forgot to write about one of the women in the club who caught a 9.4 pound bass during pre-fishing on Friday. (!!!) Also on a C-rig in about 20 feet by some trees!!!

Yeah, we would like to go back to Ivie, too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.