Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I tried searching for anything about this topic but didn't see much.
How often do any of y'all fish after 8pm on Lady Bird or Lake Austin? Do you have any specific recommendations on techniques? Would be interested to hear both about bank fishing and from a kayak. Thanks!

·
Registered
501 Posts
You can't beat a senko on both of those lakes, no matter what the time of day...lol

As far as fishing night vs day -- I throw the same stuff (same baits and same colors), and I usually do pretty well regardless of the time of day.

One thing I will tell ya, is you may have an easier time with some of those easily spooked lunkers in the super clear water up Barton Creek if you target them at night...

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
LA is only worth fishing at night due to boat traffic. They say darker colors work better, my experience has been any color will catch fish. I usually throw whatever color I have available, be it watermelon or junebug and still catch fish.

Reactions: N0M1S

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I fish LA at night most of the time. As the other guys have said throw what you normally would during the day. As far as plastic colors, I use watermelon, watermelon red flake, green pumpkin and green pumpkin red flake. I used to get caught up with using a lot of different colors but these four pretty much rule. Hard to beat a stick bait (senko) on this lake. It's a different lake at night once the wild bunch is off the water. Just watch out for the knuckleheads who don't have lights on their boats. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips! I'm pretty addicted to throwing Senko's and Grande anyway so that all works for me.

Have you seen any particular windows of time that seem to work better? I had it in my head that the bass stop biting after dark but then started to read stories to the contrary. Has anyone used the Zoom white super flukes or any brighter colored baits? Does visibility matter?

Lastly, does anyone have any recommendations for bank fishing off Lake Austin? I've fished around the drop in at Hula Hutt with zero success but haven't really been able to find any other good spots that are easily accessible.

Thanks for the help y'all! My friends been telling me about this forum for some time, glad I finally checked it out.

·
Registered
332 Posts
There is usually a lull from when the initial darkness sets in. Bass have very good vision in low light conditions but it takes time for their eyes to adjust. Now that it is light until 830-9 pm, you may see the lull until about 10 from what I have experienced. During the summer last year I caught most of my bigger fish from 10pm -12am. Also, if you notice this lull, change baits to a swimbait or jig and slow your retrieve, good luck.

·
Registered
501 Posts
LBL has 10 pm curfew.......
The APD patrol boat officers told me you could be out there as late as you want if you were fishing, and that the only requirement was a 360 light for safety... but you know how that goes, one officer says one thing, and another officer writes you a ticket for following the first ones guidance...

Personally, I have been out there fishing past 10, with NO LIGHT SOURCE and had the APD patrol boat spot light me, and keep on driving right by without saying anything at all on two separate occasions...lol

It would be awesome to get a definitive answer on this curfew topic...lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.