Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the water late didn't start till about 9. Best day I've had on LA in a while. All caught on white spinnerbait. It was cool. 1st fish went 5-10oz, second went 4-3 caught a couple of dinks and then a 4-10. My backseat is not very experienced but loves to fish lost what was obviously his PB. Big old head on her, I would figure 7 or so. Lost her right at the boat. He's still fuming ;) Had he landed that we could have put around 24lbs. or soon best 5. Good day great conditions, only a couple of phone pictures. I may post later. Don't be afraid to throw the spinnerbait around the grass. I know we all love our plastics but it's really been producing well lately. I would not figure to catch big old mature bass on spinners in that clear water but why argue it ;) As soon as the sun broke it was over.

· Registered
2,297 Posts
Thanks for the report, glad y'all had a good day on LA. I'll have to throw some spinnerbaits next time out.

John

· Registered
146 Posts
Re: Nice Day LA  12/20

I spent most of the day out there. I probably waved at you Ben. I hear that ... about the white spinner bait. I tried to fish jigs, cranks, worms and stick baits....nothing. I went back to the white spinner bait and caught a couple. No real size to them but keepers and enough to win our little informal tourny.

· Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Sweet good for you rooster, Yea man I tell ya I'm not normally much of a spinner fisher but I like to use that and cranks to find fish and then plastic them but I have to tell ya I'll take em all day. It's easy fishing. I was in a blue cajun with an evi 150 on it . Stayed up by quinlan

· Registered
146 Posts

I did see a Blue Cajun at one point. I don't know the lake so I have no idea where quinlan is. I was in a white w/dark blue stripe  Skeeter ZX250 with a Yamaha 250. I launched at City Park and went North first then burned it down to the dam and fished some of the reeds.

Lake Austin is a lot like LBJ with all the docks except LBJ is bigger and rockier.

· Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quinlan park is a county ramp of off 620 at the back of stiener ranch. It's a free ramp and not very crowded. It is only a couple of miles on the water to mansfield from there. Probaly my favorite ramp but it's a long drive for me.

· Registered
1,182 Posts

I was out there today with a buddy, in a blue Champion. And wish I could say I caught something today. But we werent out there long. Threw jigs, cranks, shaky head worm, swimbaits, and carolina, and I missed one bite all day. (Leave it to me to be talking and miss a bite.) Got bit on the jig, and I tossed it out there and was talking, and it was sitting there, and I felt it pull the line tight and I missed it.

Either way, it's 5 days till Christmas and It was a short sleeve day. lol, that's why I like Texas.

· Registered
4,330 Posts

Thanks for the reports guys, think I may get a channce to hit on Christmas Eve day. Congrats Ben on what sounds like a fun day. May have to throw some spinner baits myself...

· Registered
349 Posts

I was throwing a yellow spinner throughout the day........no bites.  Should have tied on a white one! I think I may have seen some of you guys out there yesterday on LA. I was the guy with the creme colored Skeeter/G3.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.