Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Austin and I just bought a boat to take family on tubing/skiing on weekends and fish as much as time allows. My son's love to fish but I know nothing about fishing lake Austin or Travis. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also since all the public boat ramps are closed on Travis where can I launch from. I have a 4x4 dually and the boat is a 23' 6" Hurricane deck boat.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Welcome to ABF. Bunch of clowns on here and blow hards but good guys for the most part. Can't help you on Travis or Austin but lots on here can.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. How about launchs on Buchanan? Also what works for strippers and whites? I could sit there trying all day but the 14 year old gets a little impatient. Thats one of the reasons why I'm taking him fishing the other is that I get to fish!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Justwanna, If you are going to fish Buchanan I would pony up and see if BrandonA can guide for you. Either him or Jackie. He will put you on fish, teach you a little about the fish patterns and how to target the whites/stripers and hybrids. You could always sit back and troll the site but Lady Buch is so large and unpredictible that a pro is best to understand the lake. I have been fishing that place for a while, but with my lack of good electronics I find it very difficult to find the fish. Plus Brandon has a new Boat Yeti to keep all your beer cold.

Thanks. How about launchs on Buchanan? Also what works for strippers and whites? I could sit there trying all day but the 14 year old gets a little impatient. Thats one of the reasons why I'm taking him fishing the other is that I get to fish!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Jastwanna, I am sure Brandon will be back soon, but you cn launch at Edgewater of 261 nice folks there, but be careful Buch can be mean real quick. bpolish speaks true.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Jastwanna let me know if you would like to go. Buch is a big lake and can be picky. Edgewater is good right now and this time of year shiners work well. I will get back with you tomorrow when i :get to the office.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Justwanna I ran into a guide (Holding The Line) on Still House over Thanksgiving. They caught 134 Whites in four hours. I spoke with him last week to try to schedule an outing but he was booked up. He said he's still pulling in 100+ fish an outing. I agree with bpolish if you can hook up with Brandon or Holding the Line they will put you on fish. I went out on Still House a couple weeks ago but my lack of good electronics and knowledge of the lake lead us to only one fish. If you do try your luck on Still House becarefull there are stumps everywhere. I don't know anything about Buch. Haven't fished Travis in the winter yet but it's fun in the spring and and summer. I've been out on Georgetown several times this winter. It's usually slow but we (myself and my 4yr old son) usually pull in a few small ones. Good luck. Brandon do you have a web page and what are your rates. I'd still like to get my boy on a lot of fish.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I was in your boat (pun intended) last year. The forum really helped me get around on
Buch (the lake of choice) and also got some tips on LBJ, where we stay. Brandon and Jess were most helpful in getting me into some great fish.

PS...I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info. I've been camping at Buchanan with a small inflatable boat and your right about the stumps. I'll checkout BrandonA and Jackie to see about a trip in Feb. / March.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
gus15 I do not have a website. I guide part time and go by word of mouth and help Jackie out when he is double booked. Rates are $350 1-2 for half a day and $400 for 3-4 people. $50.00 for each additional person. I discount Catch and Release trips $25.00. Not sure what the other guides policy are on that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts