Bass Fishing Forum banner

New to Texas

672 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Yankee_Bass 
#1 ·
Howdy! Looking for fishing buddies! I just moved to College Station from Chicago. I am an avid angler who loves large and smallmouth bass and muskies. No muskies in Texas, so bass will have to do. I also fly fish. Sold my boat before coming here and I have no idea where to start, so any help is appreciated!
Water Sky Smile Vertebrate Fin

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome,

I'm in Austin not too far from you. For where you are I've heard Decker Lake (AKA Walter E long) is awesome. I know they hold fishing tournaments there. I haven't gotten out there to fish yet but its on my list. There is also Somerville lake which is closer to you. I've not fished there either but they do have Largemouth/white/hybrids there.

I just got back into fishing after a 10 year break; learning to bass fish now and loving it. Previously I fly and reel fished for trout and perch and before that anything I could catch in the atlantic ocean.

This forum isn't as active as it used to be but there are still some great people and great advice here.

#3 ·
Welcome,

I'm in Austin not too far from you. For where you are I've heard Decker Lake (AKA Walter E long) is awesome. I know they hold fishing tournaments there. I haven't gotten out there to fish yet but its on my list. There is also Somerville lake which is closer to you. I've not fished there either but they do have Largemouth/white/hybrids there.

I just got back into fishing after a 10 year break; learning to bass fish now and loving it. Previously I fly and reel fished for trout and perch and before that anything I could catch in the atlantic ocean.

This forum isn't as active as it used to be but there are still some great people and great advice here.
Thanks for the reply. If you ever want to meet up, let me know!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.