Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys ive fished all my life but finally had the stones to buy a boat a few months back, well now im ready to join a bass club and fish some tourneys. anyway, my question is whats a good bass club that fishes a lot? i dont really did those 1 time a month deals so any advice would be helpful. ive checked out the clubs listings and havent recieved any responses. i would appreciate any and all advice, thanks guys

·
Registered
351 Posts
If you find a good one please let me know. In my experience around here, all the bass clubs fish club tourneys for money and then the fishermen pair up for the whole year and then nobody wants to share info and IMO that takes away the main advantage of joinin a club.If you are joinin a club for compatition and not for sharing good fishin info then there are many in Austin.I miss the ACBC that club was set up so you didn't fall into clicks.Every month they would have boater draw from a hat the non-boater he would be paired with that way info gets shared and everyone in the club learns more. Also, they gave trophies not cash.The cash would go to charities and open tourney.ACBC was an unselfish group of fishermen with a wealth of knowledge, I wish I could find a club like this in Austin.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tonkawa in Round Rock has a draw tournament every other month. The alternate months are buddy but we mix it up pretty good. There aren't really any "clicks" or standing teams.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I belong to Travis Bass Club based out of Austin and our format is as follows:
1. Tournament each month. (Two day events)
2. One meeting per month on the first Tuesday of the month.
3. Members of TABC (Texas Assoc. of Bass Clubs)
4. Individual standings by weight only. No point system for anything.
5. Tournaments are by team. (No regular draw format at this time)
6. Top 8 individuals fishes the state TABC tournament.
7. Three places and big bass for each tournament.
8. Fishing for plaques only but we do pay a little for big bass if over 6 pounds.
9. Annual dues $50.00 ($30.00 to club and $20.00 to TABC)
10. Club tournament fee $30.00 per team.
11. No mileage travel restrictions on the tournament lakes.
12. Lakes we fish are mainly south and west of San Antonio. (Choke, Falcon, Amistad). We do fish local once to maybe twice a year for our summer time night marathon or a one day tournament.

Most of our members do fish with their regular old buddies because this is a more of a social event for everyone.

The expense in traveling is costly but most of us only get to go once a month and when we do we want to fish the best possible lake at that time.

We know the best and cheapest places to stay at each lake and we always try to room together,rent cabins and homes to split among us to minimize the expense.

Everyone is welcomed and someone is always looking for a partner most of the time. If you want to have a good time please contact me so you can come and check us out.

We meet at the Moose Lodge over there by the old airport.

Please email or call me for more information. Our next tournament is at Choke Canyon August 22nd and 23rd. Our September tournament is at Sam Rayburn 19th and 20th.

No place is too far for us to go. If you can only go once in a while come and go with us because we will go the distance.

Also if you are a good fisherman please join because we need all the help we can get.

Allen Wares (496-5830 cell)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts