Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching my 6 year old grandson this morning and he as getting bored so I took him down to the Pedernales to fish for a little while until my wife got home. I was throwing a wacky rigged senko (black/blue with a fire blue tail) and quickly caught 2 small LMB and had a couple misses. He was trying to hook some blue gill on his little pole but wanted to fish like I was. I decided to put a wacky senko on his pole below a bobber and tossed it out for him. For the first 10 minutes or so nothing happened and then his bobber disappeared and the fun was on. The way he was whooping you would have thought he caught a whale although on that little rod/reel combo it probably felt that way. He ended up with 3 more solid bites and managed to land one before the storms stated rolling in and we headed home. I have never seen anyone talking about putting a senko beneath a bobber and wondered if anyone else had tried that for their kids/grandkids?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I will do anything to help me catch a fish. With the senko, Todd and I fish wacky with a semi-slack line. If I do allow more slack than taut, I watch the line as intently as if I was staring down a bobber.

My wife and son can dead-stick a texposed senko and catch a bass. I imagine a very young angler may need a bobber to give them warning to hold on tight.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I am used to using the semi slack line and almost dead sticking it but I never put one under a bobber and just left it to move in the wind (we did have a lot of wind so it was moving up and down a lot). I think I am going to have to try this again some time. It certainly allowed a 6 year old to feel like he was fishing just like me although it is getting close to the time when I will need to upgrade his tackle.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bobber fishing a Senko, what will kids think of next? Very cool, may try to get my kids to try it. Was it a bit wavy (giving the worm some action)?

I helped my 4 yr old niece catch a 2# LMB on worm under a bobber with a little tiger rod and she was squealing like she saw Taylor Swift. It was very cool.

JT

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JC - wind was definitely giving us some movement on the worm. Also thought about using this on the river. Toss it up river and let the current carry it back down allowing the worm to move slowly underneath. Hmmm????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts