Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Sweet setups!

I'm glad they finally released a tournament package. I mean it always seems the little things like graphs and power poles that can make or break a deal.

·
Registered
359 Posts
wait I wasn't being sarcastic....andy nos I own a skeeter and would like a new one my ?? I was a serious ...fyi...prolly I need to just go see the guys a sa marine....
Andy I sorry if this gets off on a raggin on skeeter post caz that aint what I was doin.....I wont own anything else .....as I always by local first!!!!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Not that I am an expert. But here it goes.

There is a difference in the FX and ZX hull, thus a difference in ride and performance. The FX or I guess now the FXI is the top of the line boat by Skeeter and it has a ton of bells and whistles standard..bunches.

The ZX225 and ZX250 dont have as many but it has all the ones you need in a tournament boat plus some and they did get some new features standard that you wouldnt expect like a padded front deck, Hamby's,
36v Minn Kota Fortrex, FX seats, two HDS 9s, an 8' Power Pole, and new latches like the 2014 FX's. They also come with steel fenders instead of fiberglass, toggle swithes instead of the touch pads like on the FX,
Oxymax was included as well as tackle organizers and built in bump board and also read it will have the forced air ventalation system like the FX. The zx225/250 also come with a center rod box which is new to SKeeter.

The ZX20 was replaced by the ZX225. The ZX225 is actually a little bit shorter at 19'11 with a max HP rating of 225hp compared to the 20'2 of the ZX20 and 250max HP rating. The ZX250 replaces the ZX21 and I think
the ZX250 is actually 2 inches longer than the ZX21 at 20'11. So i'd venture to say these are new hulls.

You also wont get as many color options with the ZX225/250 as the FX, but the ones I have seen look awesome. There are pics posted in this thread.
Forum ? Texas Tournament Zone

My next boat was going to be an FX20, my heart was set on it and I was shopping hard, but if I can get the ZX250 in my garage with 2 power poles on it that is my next boat. If not, its likely the ZX225. Maybe with the 20K I save, I'll extend my garage 10 inches.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thxs man makes total since ... I could see the fx for the retired guy that fishs all the time and is gonna keep it forever... Smart to make a tourny boat that could be easier to resale after a yr or two of use ... Think I'll be shopin nxt yr myself....btw let me no when u wanna make that garage bigger and ill make that happen for u... Sappington const....

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
not trying to be sarcastic.I like skeeters as much as the next boat,I see some of the nicest ones in Central Texas come through the shop with regularity.they are very nice, however I don't see how you can take 40,000 off the price of the boat.that price Delta could buy a nice rig

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
not trying to be sarcastic.I like skeeters as much as the next boat,I see some of the nicest ones in Central Texas come through the shop with regularity.they are very nice, however I don't see how you can take 40,000 off the price of the boat.that price Delta could buy a nice rig
Seems to me you could get a stroker or an Allison for 90k instead and have a serious machine.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Skeeters are sexy boats for sure, and provide the most stability of any boat I have fished out of hands down.

For the tournament anlgers that are in the market for a new boat, when you consider that there are so many chances in our area to win Skeeter Real Money and only have to pay $40 to do it, its an added bonus knowing that should I choose Skeeter over brand X I at least can get rewarded handsomely for running it (should I ever luck in to a win). I myself am playing the law of averages. Fish enough you catch a 10, enter enough tournaments you gotta win, right?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I'm considering sell both my boats and paring down to one . The goal is to have one boat that will fish and run over a 100. I just priced a 2015 Bullet 20xdc with all options except electronics is $33,000 w/o motor. I'll be putting my 300xs on it if I do it. A new 250Pro XS with a sporty gear case is $ 16730.00. So that would put the boat @ $49730.00 plus electronics. Rigged to fish with mid to upper range electronics $53000 to $55000. An Allison, Stoker or Sterling a little more.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so the boat yall were running was like 90k whats the difference in the two .....other than 40k?
Dave,

It's tongue in cheek when we say the FX I'm currently in is $90K, realistically that boat sells in the mid $70Ks. If I were to go with two 12" graphs, another Power Pole and a stereo it might get a little closer to $90K. So the difference is more like $20K when compared to a current ZX model, it's a legitimate question and one you hear often when talking about the FX and ZX boats.

Shawn covered a lot of the options in his post, in addition to the analog the FX also has digital gauges that with a push of a button will tell you engine hours, fuel level, rpms, etc. Definitely a nice feature but still not thousands of dollars of better. Skeeter and Yamaha co-engineered the FX hull specifically for the SHO motor. There is literature out there that explains all the technical stuff like difference in degrees and primary and secondary reverse chines of both hulls, all I know is if you spend enough time behind the wheel of both the ZX and FX hull there is a substantial difference in the way both boats handle and ride. A ZX is a great boat and Skeeter's most popular selling model, but after you've been in an FX there is no going back.

There is also something intangible about that FX/SHO motor when towing it down the road, when its sitting in the parking lot or beached on the bank...that thing is a head turner! Even after running the 2014 FX for nearly six months there is a voice in the back of my head that keeps saying, "That is one sexy boat!" Is all that worth the extra money? For some it doesn't add up, for others it makes perfect sense. Luckily there are different models to choose from.

I really can't wait to get into the new FXI and see the new ZXs in person, anyone purchasing a new bass boat in 2015 needs to do your due diligence and stop by South Austin Marine or Boerne Marine and give the new ZXs a look over, at around $50K with the SHO motor and everything included as a standard from the factory it'll be hard for any other boat manufacturer to even come close to these boats at that price.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks Andy the reason I ask u in particular is caz I no u been in both in the last few yrs and would no ... Thx for all the good info.... Ya I'm jealous of ur sexy boat for sure!!! Tightlines bro!

Ps as I said b4 I'll keep my money in Texas as the skeeter is born in the lonestar state!!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Only thing I'm wondering is why the change from Humminbird to Lowrance as stock graphs? May be a dealer question here, but, If I wanted to change to Humminbird would it cost me because they come stock with the Lowrance? Or would I have to custom build a boat from the factory and get it shipped to the dealer to avoid this? I'm sure Lowrance units are bad ass too, but I like the Ipilot link capabilities with my Humminbird unit, and looking at upgrading to 360 imaging as well, that I don't think Lowrance offers yet. Opinions welcomed......

·
Registered
927 Posts
Disregard previous post. I have a tendency to answer my own questions via the world wide web. I found that Lowrance does offer a version of 360 imaging called SpotlightScan. Also the Minn Kota Fortex trolling motor that comes with the skeeter is not ipilot capable anyway. So I guess having the Lowrance as a stock unit may not be bad after all.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Ps as I said b4 I'll keep my money in Texas as the skeeter is born in the lonestar state!!!
I believe they are the only bass boat that can say that. Get you a tundra to tow it and you are 100% Texas sir!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts