Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the late post. I caught the fish Saturday (9th) while fishing a tournament with my bass club. It was caught on a weightless Senko type worm rigged wacky at 6:20am  under a lighted dock floating in about 65 ft. of water. Fish was 7.3 lbs and a new PB for me.  :)  :)  :)  :)  :) It was released back to LT after the weigh in.

- - - Bob

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
6:20am  under a lighted dock floating in about 65 ft. of water.
AWESOME REPORT and congrats on PB...Especially on Lake Travis.  IF fishing any daytime tounament that starts at 6am, I would park my boat at a lighted dock and start fishing up until 7am. The bait is still in area until the sun pops up or becomes light enough for to turn off boat navigational lights.

Great Report and do it again!

Robert

·
Registered
186 Posts
Congrats on your PB from LT! ;)

I look forward to finally getting out and trying the lakes here. From everything I've read the fish here pretty much do and eat the same things they eat in N. CA.... "A bass is a bass" :cool:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll try to answer all the questions.
I could only come up with 2 keepers for the tourney for a total of 9.26 lbs and placed 4th. The 1st place winner had 5 fish for 14.52 lbs.

The Senko only sank to about 15 to 20 ft when it was hit. The dock was floating in 65ft.

Our club doesn't fish for money, but there was a side Big Fish pot which paid $140. The sad note is, I wasn't in it, so a 4 lber took home the money.

- - - - - Bob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.