Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After missing a huge fish yesterday I woke up this morning and decided to try again since the conditions are about the same as they were yesterday. Re-spooled my reel with 12lb test (was using 10lb yesterday) and headed back out to the same honey hole. Persistance paid off. I fished the area for about an hour hooking up with a nice sized crappie and a 3lber, both caught on TX rig plastics. Was about to call it but the wind had me on a nice drift across from partially submerged cover.
On my 2nd cast to the area I felt a big THUMP at then end of my line so I set the hook hard. It was on! That fish took off stripping drag for several yards. At this point I knew it had to be the one I missed yesterday or at least similar in size. I'd fight her back to within a few feet of my kayak and it would take off again stripping drag. This went on for a couple minutes and finally had it close to the yak again. Then she started diving straight down and I followed her with my rod. She had my rod about half way down in the water. At last she played out and I got her close enough for a good look. I was thinking double digit as soon as I saw her head. The pics aren't that great but it was a bit of a challenge juggling the fish, camera, rod, etc on a windy day in the kayak. The fish weighed in at 9lbs 9oz on my Cabellas digital scale. :eek:

Bone

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.