Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
It's not a rumor. I am the one who caught the fish. As far as the weight goes I weighed the fish on my digital scale and it was 15 5. A guy at the ramp has a digital scale and it was 15 11 on his. I immediately took the fish to the store in Calliham to put the fish in the minnow tank to hold for TPWD. They have a certified scale at the store but it only weighs to 15 pounds and the fish bottomed out the scale. Fish was 28 inches long. I asked Dave Campbell to call me with the official weight, but it looks like it will be enough for a new lake record. I was really having a slow day not getting a bite until around eleven o'clock. I had hit all my usual spots and only managed 6 or 7 fish with no real size. Decided to try one last spot before I headed back to Austin and stumbled on some big fish. Had two other big fished hooked that pulled off before I got a look at them. Both pulling drag. Then I hooked this monster. First time it jumped my only thought was why did I throw back into that spot with 12 pound test line.
I caught the fish on a crankbait in about ten feet of water. Ended up jumping twice before I could net her. Fishing alone with no camera so I have to wait for the guy at the store to e-mail me the picture. Anyway, I quit fishing immediately to take care of the fish. It was in good shape when I left, so hopefully it will make it for the Share a Lunker program. I guess you never know as it is a lot of stress on those big fish. One last thing, I don't want any of you guys to catch one bigger this year so I can win the lifetime fishing license. I'll be more than happy to post a reminder in August for everybody to get a new license!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
WOW, can hardly wait to see your picture. Congratulations, what an accomplishment. That is one behemouth of a bass. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Awesome catch doc, congratulations! :eek: :eek: :eek: Can't wait to see the pics.

John

·
Registered
435 Posts
Wow, if she keeps her weight before TPWD measures her she'll probably be on the Texas Top 50 all time list!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts