Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to the forum. I've been fishing for a long time, but have just taken it up again. I don't have much experience fishing in TX, as I have previously lived in PA and Bolivia, South America. I am a student at UT so I don't want to have to drive to far. Just looking from some good spots to fish in the mornings and evenings.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Theres a creek that runs beneath the alumni center. I used to catch sunfish in there during my time at UT.

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fished Mueller today from 7:15 to about 10:00...didn't get a hit. I don't know if I am using the wrong bait, I tried a Texas rigged 7.5" junebug culprit and a white spinner. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
People will chime in on Mueller here soon. I never fished it but when I was in West Campus I would go to Red Bud Isle, it's not that far and I think the Enfield UT Bus will get you very close to it. Lots of good fishing around the island and even more access if you get a pair of cheap waders.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Red Bud is a good place to fish but it can get annoying with the dogs, since technically it is a dog park. People don't watch their dogs, I've had them jump right in the middle of my line, surprisingly not getting hooked. Your best bet is directly under the bridge or squeezing through brush where dogs don't normally go. Plus the parking is hell unless you go super early in the morning. Great place to kayak fish.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Lady Bird Lake is where you wanna be. There's shoreline access pretty much around the whole thing and pretty good fishing. Anytime I've gone out there I've been able to catch fish on a T-rigged PowerTeam Lures Sick Stick (1/8-3/16oz weight). You'll do best fishing it around any grass. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts