Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce my new blog, Beermaster's Classic, to the forum. The Classic is comprised of a group of college friends who are now displaced across the country due to work, family, etc. The goal is to Bass fish every state in the union but the website has two main purposes; 1. to serve as an archive for all of our pictures, champion's trophies, and update the members on the next tournaments; and 2. to be a resource for the general public for fishing news, fishing reports, equipment and service reviews, and all things fishing. Since I live here in Austin and do most of the writing for the blog, there will be a lot of info on Austin area waters.

You can check us out on twitter too by following @BeermastersInfo

Thanks for taking the time to read and I appreciate any feedback on the site you might have, you can email me at [email protected]!

MPJoyceII

·
Registered
413 Posts
Crappie and Perch
March 12th, 2012
mjoyce
Bass are the #1 game fish in the United States. The veracity of a Bass strike is one of the most exhilarating moments, especially on a first cast. So I think you can sympathize with me when I say “I don’t get it” when it comes to Crappie and Perch.
Beautiful fish, well Perch are – I’m not quite sold on the Crappie yet, but how much skill is there in dropping a jigging spoon over the side of a boat or dock?
It seems like all of the other freshwater game fish take some level of skill to catch; Trout, Pike, Walleye, but what am I missing on the sun fish?
They must be good eating

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You do know that many of the same techniques and lures used to catch lmb can be used to catch crappie right? I do get that it’s difficult to understand something that you don’t know much about but to say they must be good eating??? Although taste is subjective I would have to say the majority of anglers would agree that crappie is one of the best tasting fresh water fish out there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts