Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
just plain bill,

A forum with over 23,000 members is a small group??

You might want to reread my comments about addressing a grown man as "Dude" unless your actual intent is to be intentionally hateful & insulting.

yours, satx

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
satx: there may be 23 billion people signed up over the course of many years, but that doesn't mean they stayed...there are 3 million on a chess site i play on, but i can guarantee they all aren't still playing there...
we probably have less than 70 active people on this site, and i can guarantee you are least popular right now, lol
you came here with guns blazing, and you're still blasting away...not a great way to make friends, of course...
and the use of 'dude' was comic relief...
i don't know you, or your personal issues, if you have any, but you are the first person i've seen here to behave the way you are...
i've met several guys here and they're all really great, and i'm really great, and you might be, but i have yet to see evidence of it...
and i thought you were 16 or 17, not 60+...pretty immature, really...

·
Registered
12 Posts
just plain bill,

Whether you like what I've said here or not, I've spoken the truth as I know it. - Also I don't care about being popular with a handful of what appear to be obtuse dolts & haters.
(As I enter my 8th decade of life, I have less & less patience with self-important nitwits, haters & "fools in the public view".)

Should any of you ever visit The Alamo City, log onto our club website & ask for exactly the same sort of information that I originally asked for, you will be treated with polite behavior, receive good/relevant local information & very likely be actually invited to join some of our members on a fishing trip.

Given the open/obvious hostility of the majority of responses that I've received here, I doubt that I'll bother any of you with any further requests.- Go have a wonderful life.

yours, satx

·
Registered
341 Posts
Knuckletats

80 huh?

The following might explain your complete lack of civility and grace.

Erikson's stages of life. This is an excerpt of the last stage before death.

8. Ego Integrity vs. Despair
As we grow older (65+ yrs) and become senior citizens, we tend to slow down our productivity and explore life as a retired person. It is during this time that we contemplate our accomplishments and can develop integrity if we see ourselves as leading a successful life.

Erik Erikson believed if we see our lives as unproductive, feel guilt about our past, or feel that we did not accomplish our life goals, we become dissatisfied with life and develop despair, often leading to depression and hopelessness.

Success in this stage will lead to the virtue of wisdom. Wisdom enables a person to look back on their life with a sense of closure and completeness, and also accept death without fear.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
just plain bill,

Whether you like what I've said here or not, I've spoken the truth as I know it. - Also I don't care about being popular with a handful of what appear to be obtuse dolts & haters.
(As I enter my 8th decade of life, I have less & less patience with self-important nitwits, haters & "fools in the public view".)

Should any of you ever visit The Alamo City, log onto our club website & ask for exactly the same sort of information that I originally asked for, you will be treated with polite behavior, receive good/relevant local information & very likely be actually invited to join some of our members on a fishing trip.

Given the open/obvious hostility of the majority of responses that I've received here, I doubt that I'll bother any of you with any further requests.- Go have a wonderful life.

yours, satx
YOU'RE the one who came here and started blazing away...and you're calling us names? that's laughable... YOU might want to start having a wonderful life, cuz it sounds like you're pretty miserable...and i can assure you that none of us here are full of self-importance...we get shut down by fish too often!
hey, i'm sorry you don't like it here. we really are a great bunch of people. but you, my friend, appear to be the type of person that makes a mess on the www... we don't need that here...

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Knuckletats,

...I've not seen a single instance of "fished out"
Every ocean fishery in the world has collapsed. Do not underestimate man's ability to overharvest anything.

As to "catch & release",...
Only PITA's junk-science biologist agree with you. Marine Biologist support catch and release. I know that it works because I catch (and release) the same fish over and over again.

As to "all caps",...
YOUR WELCOME

A Personal Note: You might consider removing "dude" ...
No way! "The Dude abides."

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
probably a 12 year old that loves SA

kids are already bored of summer and summer hasn't even started yet. We get these each year I have been on here.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
i think somebody oughta remove this thread. it makes us good folk look like we're not friendly. one jackass jumps in, kicks dirt all over the place, then says we need to clean up the place cuz it's dirty...

·
Registered
288 Posts
My husband read the thread and he said I may have started a war with the guy. I was ready to send him some info but then he just started attacking and wouldn't stop.

Point is, I think the people on this forum are great people. I have enjoyed running into many of you on the area lakes, rivers and ponds. I am proud to be a member of a society that really cares about fishing but also protecting our lakes for future generations to enjoy. Happy fishing!!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
probably a 12 year old that loves SA

kids are already bored of summer and summer hasn't even started yet. We get these each year I have been on here.
Are you referring to the SA dude? That SA dude posted that he is eighty years old.

stcow1,
I'll admit that I felt indignation, too. This caused me to post content of the tone that I generally avoid. In the past, I've edited down the tone of my post within minutes of posting. I try to keep my post about fishing and kindness. I've always appreciated your contribution to the forum, this included.

rexmitchell,
I think your advice was taken by the OP (not SA dude). The OP (jake atx) hasn't thanked you yet, because he's still knocking back cold ones lakeside at Paleface while soaking chicken livers.

The SA dude joined this forum, immediately began to solicit a boat, fishing poles, and honey holes. I'm pretty sure after he put all the fish in the bucket, he'd complain that none of ABF offered to clean and cook his catch for him.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
satx: we probably have less than 70 active people on this site
I'm thinking about 30 active folks. This site used to be the bees knees. Probably good that the demise occurred. I'm working more now as opposed to abf'ing. Some key former members told me they quit abf when the new mods removed the "what happened to this site thread"

21 - 40 of 41 Posts