Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm returning to Austin in late September, but I can't buy a house yet until things get ramped up with my business and I know exactly what part of town I want to be in. The problem is, for all of Texas' talk of everything being bigger, you guys have no idea how to make a properly sized garage! lol

I've got a Skeeter ZX225 and I have no idea how I'm supposed to find a garage to fit it in. I'll be coming to Austin in a week and a half to look at rental houses, but I truly don't expect to find one with a garage large enough to fit my boat.

So.... anyone have suggestions for boat storage (unless I find a unicorn rental house)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I keep my boat trailer at 5-0 Storage in Pflugerville across the street from Pflugerville High School and just east of the new stadium. It is hidden behind the cemetary. Have kept it there for years and never any vandalism. Gated coded locking gate. Cost me $35 per month. Cheapest I could find. No electricity for charging but good security lighting and gate and fencing.
Address is 1300 Lincoln Pflugerville TX 78660 and phone number is 512/426-1940

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I bought my home in Briarcliff, a Lake Travis community that allows boats to be stored on the property in view for that very reason. No neighborhoods in Austin I could find allows boats outside, and all garages I found were 22' deep. No way to keep a 19' boat in that shallow a garage.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
So you will be living close to me then

·
Registered
290 Posts
I live in older home that is only 1400 sq ft but the garage will hold my ZX225 folded up by 2 in. Stack-able washer/dryer made it possible. N/W Austin. Nothing we have seen new will fit that boat.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have a look at Parking Pointe on McNeil right across from the high school. it is run by the Cross Pointe church It is a gravel area, some of it under shade trees and some in the open. I've been there for about 3 months now and am mostly happy with it. They are supposed to be replacing the electric entry gate, but it hasn't happened yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts