Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
I am disappointed that I couldn't be there. We have 6 good fisherman going up there and with a weeks worth of pre-fishing, I think we have a shot at placing this year, if not taking it. The Aggies are tough, but I think we got em this time.

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
University of Arkansas's first place team:
TEAM: Kazuki Kitajima and Bodie Drake claiming the championship for the Razorbacks with five bass weighing 17.37 pounds, anchored by two near 4-pounders
LURE OF CHOICE: Our key bait was a Berkley Power Finesse Worm in blue flake. We also caught a couple on a War Eagle jig, some on a deep crankbait, but caught most of our fish on a shakey head.

Included in the final-day shootout were Arkansas, Baylor, Texas Tech, Texas A&M-Kingsville and defending champion Texas A&M

http://www.collegiatebasschampionship.com/Results.htm

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Congrats to the Razorbacks. After seeing the final 5, I was really pulling for them. Bodie Drake is one of the nicer guys you will meet. The Arkansas guys were great hosts to us back in February.

·
Registered
307 Posts
That was a tough lake. I brought in a decent limit on day 1, putting me in the top 20, but Friday kicked my butt. I couldn't adapt to the pressure and weather, and dropped out into 39th. There were some really good sticks at this tournament.
I have a lot to learn about tournament fishing, but that was probably the most fun week I've had in a while.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That was an awesome time! I learned to only buy the best line available....i broke off 3 fish that probably would have put us in the top 20 or even 10. I was really disappointed in my performance, but thats fishing. maybe next year...super senior!!!

Bobby

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.