Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my lil two man bass boat out to LA for the first time a couple days ago in the rain. I caught a nice 3lber and lost what i would like to think is around a 5lber at the boat it was tough conditions but as long as i didnt get skunked right! Then yesterday i hit it up with one of my buddies and right off the bat i nailed a 3 1\2lber then about two hours later after the wind died down i nailed a nice 4 1\2lber then a couple of other smaller ones. i got my first one on a chart. dd and havent changed it since!ive got pics of the fish and video of the big one! it wrapped around my trolling motor!! but luckily i got it!Yeah!

p.s does anyone know a good pond in the austin area where i can take my small bass boat?

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Town Lake is good one..

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/programs/gofishing/austinfish/austin_map.phtml

Go and look at any of the community lakes on the TPWD that are large enough..

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/cfl.phtml?r=6

TPWD RULES:
Community Fishing Lakes
For channel and blue catfish, no minimum length. Daily bag=5 in any combination.
Fishing is by pole and line only

A Community Fishing Lake (CFL) is a public impoundment 75 acres or smaller located totally within an incorporated city limits or a public park, or any impoundment lying totally within the boundaries of a state park. Many CFL's are stocked annually with channel catfish and/or rainbow trout.

·
Registered
724 Posts
My old favorite is the lake on 183N. It's just north of Lakeline on the west side of 183 across from the YMCA. It's behind a body shop and brake shop. You'll see the dam as you pass by. The access is limited but if you're willing it is full of Bass and Huge Crappie. The city of Cedar Park will be creating a park around it soon so enjoy while you can. Also, Brushy Creek lake can be good, it's at Parmer and Brushy Creek.

·
Registered
724 Posts
If you're coming north on 183 exit the last free exit to take old 183 instead of the toll road. After you take a left at Avery Ranch go straight instead of right on 183. The road starts to curve to the left you'll hop the curb and enter the property. There is probably a trail. You'll then meet up with the old driveway to the homestead that's long gone and go past the old barn to the lake. It seems as if your trespassing but lots of people have fished down there. I used to go a lot before I got my boat, I had a canoe. There is a point that goes out into the middle of the lake and there is a Brush pile on the end of it. Starting early spring you should be able to catch some huge crappie from there. The bass fishing is good all over in spring and summer but hard to figure out in winter. Let me know what you catch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.