Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son (Kyle) is in his second year at Texas State University and just joined their fishing team. This past Saturday they had a tournament at Choke Canyon. The tournament ran from 7am to 4pm. At around 7:30 am he caught this 10lb 8oz on a black Boohya buzz bait. He ended up winning the tournament and had big bass. The first picture was taken right after it was caught and the second was after weigh in. It is unfortunate how stressed fish get being in a live well for 9 hours. The fish was released and swam off well.

I knew he would not do it so I had to brag for him. This makes 4 double digits for  him and I am still looking for my first!

· Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Re: Must brag on son (Choke DD 9-26-09)

Wow awesome fish! I'm surprised it has survived on Choke with that tail almost complete gone on both sides, almost looks like he got into it with one of the gators out there. Excellent fish, congratulate him for us!

· Registered
284 Posts
Interesting that the tourney did not have a policy to immediately weigh that big girl -- I have seen most tourneys going to that rule, and it is ironic mainly because most people are having that rule bc of that one tourney out on Choke with the 15+ pounders that died.

Kick ass fish though, that's what it's all about right there!

· Registered
639 Posts
To have 4 already at that age really says something about his fishing abilities. It's not easy bringing in one of them monsters. Not that I'd know, I'm still working on getting my first 10 and I've been fishing alot longer than Kyle, perhaps just not as much :(

Congrats!

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Kyle is a bad dude for sure. I know we all fear him when he shows to the Wed night T's.

Congrats on the T win!!!

You can really see the difference in the fish from the first pic to the last. Does not matter though, Choke has thousands of those....

Way to go Kyle!

Eric

· Registered
3,688 Posts
44050E050603360 said:
That would be the best scenario is when you have an audience for pulling in a hawg.   So you just happen to be on a bank where Kyle latched into a double digit?   Nice entertainment!
Yes I was and I caught a 6lb bass right on that spot the same day and a 6 and 7lb bass there on another day.

Chris

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.