Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if this lake has life??

The newly built apartments claim to own it, and also state that it is a constant level lake..

Located @ 183 and avery ranch

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is soil site 6- the apartments come with full access. They will be building a hiking trail around the lake and a dock for kayaks...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yes it is soil site 6- the apartments come with full access. They will be building a hiking trail around the lake and a dock for kayaks...
Hmmmm....might have to check it out this weekend...

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
It has been rumored for a few years that Cedar Park would be building a park out there, I used to fish it some 15+ years ago as some friends of ours owned adjoining property on the south side of the pond. I've always known it as Wolf lake because the old Wolf Nursery that was there for years, now a revamp t Sherman Williams.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did not notice any while touring the Apartments- Unfortunately they want an arm and a leg for those things! $1,655 for a 2br with lake view

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
interesting. The apartment complex say they actually own the lake- Without them being fully open right now, it could be a good chance to wet a line...

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
interesting. The apartment complex say they actually own the lake- Without them being fully open right now, it could be a good chance to wet a line...
Corp of Engineers own/maintain the lake. Sounds like the apartment complex wants you to buy a $1,600.00mo apartment

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well clearly they need to let me check out the fishing before renting the apartment... I need to make sure the amenities are up to my standards :)

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I fished it several times before the apartments were there and I caught some nice fish out of it. The biggest being around 8lbs. You had to catch them quick though, because pappy o'daniel would run your ass out of there in no time. Mean old *******.
Probably the same ole coot who plinked at us numerous times back in the 70s. He'd just launch a couple of rounds of .22s over our heads to get our attention.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Came upon this thread after a quick search... old but relevant, and worth reviving... Rode my bike down from Leander to see what access is like now that the apartments are complete, and this sign was at the beginning of a concrete trail that begins at the main entrance and basically follows the shoreline:

2015-11-12 09.50.54s.jpg

It doesn't say "no fishing", and I would consider the banks to be "immediate surrounding area"... it also does not say anything about launching kayaks, but that might be pushing it ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts