Bass Fishing Forum banner

Moving to Austin, where are the stripers?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  McLeanNathan 
#1 ·
Good evening everyone!

I am moving to Austin for work in the next year from Atlanta Ga where we troll herring/Shad for stripers. What lakes in the area of Austin offer this same fishing experience? From my research it looks like Buchanan is the best but isn’t as developed with houses with docks? Maybe this is due to extreme variations in water level due to its purpose as a lake itself? What about Travis and the lake in the middle? Are they stocked or do they just get residual fish that get through the Buchanan dam? It looks like tracks is much more developed housing and docks wise than Buchanan. Appreciate in advance any guidance as my ultimate goal is to set up my life in Austin, keeping my boat at a marina or near by the water until i can afford a home on a lake with a dock where i can retire into striper fishing. Does Austin have a lake/lakes for this? Thanks!

#5 · (Edited)
It seems very cool. I hope you had a good time there. I visited Austin two years ago and really enjoyed it there. In general, I am a person who loves adventures and travel and for this reason I do this quite often. I like to organize everything in details and to surprise my friends who go with me. I start by seeing the cost of living from Cost of Living Reports: Find Living Costs Around the World in the places I want to visit to make sure there are no exaggerated prices and that we can afford it, and then, depending on those prices, I do the rest of the plan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.