Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new transducer to mount for my trolling motor coming, should be here any day. What is the best to run the wires? I currently do not have one on there. Am I supposed to run it straight up or coil it around the shaft? Can someone post a pic of what it's supposed to look like? Thanks!

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
1)  Hose clamp the transducer to the propeller unit of your TM.
2)  Coil the wire up the shaft and secure it with zip ties.
3)  Run the wire back down the mounting bracket swing arm. (there should be little holes or something to secure the cable to it.)
4)  Run the excess into the bow while leaving enough tag end to connect the connector to the fishfinder display unit.
4a)  If you don't have access to get below decks at the bow to stow the cable slack then coil it up and zip tie it so it lays nice and neat on the deck without getting in your way or tangled up.

Let me know when you install it.  I'll walk over and give you a hand.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Be careful when you coil the wire around the shaft to run it the correct direction. If you don't then you may not be able to turn the motor one direction, or if you are like me you will install it with the motor deployed and when you re-stow the motor you will snap your cable in half......DUH!! That was a painful lesson.

·
Registered
10 Posts
350C0E1304610 said:
Be careful when you coil the wire around the shaft to run it the correct direction.  If you don't then you may not be able to turn the motor one direction, or if you are like me you will install it with the motor deployed and when you re-stow the motor you will snap your cable in half......DUH!!  That was a painful lesson.
Also learned that one the hard way. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts