Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monthly Tournaments

Hey guys I was thinking and wanted to know what you guys thought about this. Well last Saturday we fished that Jack Pot Tourney and it was fun but I know that they said they were done for a while, but it seemed that people still wanted to fish more monthly tourney. So I was thinking what if I buy the scales that we need and try to hold them that way we can give those guys that have been holding them a break.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Re:  Monthly Tournaments

Tim,

It's good to see you so interested in tournament fishing, it's addicting for sure.

Jackpots are fun but one of the reasons you won't see too many of them on the weekends during the majority of spring, summer and fall are due to the larger trail events.  The 2010 season is right around the corner and most anglers will either spend their time prefishing or cannot be on the water during certain off limits periods.

We'll be firing up our weeknight series in March with a Tues night tournament on Travis and a Wed nighter on Austin every week (except during off limits).

You should think about finding a partner and fishing a trail this year.  Jeff Cook and his staff are launching Faith Angler Network and I highly recommend it.  It's a great group of anlgers and a very well run tournament trail; coming to the meetings and fishing the tournaments will open your networking opportunities tremendously. There's a small membership fee and monthly tournament fees are $150 per event with an optional side pot (so not that much more than what you are used to from the Travis tournaments).  It'll be a big step and something I'm sure you'll enjoy.  You can find more info about FAN here:

http://www.faithanglernetwork.com/

There are also lots of opportunities to "jackpot" other trail events.  Outside of FAN another trail I'm going to fish is the Lone Star Series...they have two events on Belton and Stillhouse this year and  a 90% payout is pretty hard to beat.

We have a complete schedule of most Central Texas trails on our site here:

http://ttz1.com/tournaments/trails/

As you will see lots to keep you busy if you're looking for a tournament.

If your keen on running a weekend tournament, you really won't need the level of scales most of us are using, they are extremely accurate but run $350+.  Pick up a set of hand held scales, like an X Tools, and you'll be fine.  The Wed Nighters were run off a set of hand held scales for years and they worked fine.

If you have any questions about any of the trails, how to get more involved in them or how to organize and run your own series feel free to drop me a line.  I may not have the best advice but I'm sure I can point you in the right direction.

See ya on the water!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Re:  Monthly Tournaments

Seems like there's a jackpot going on at Dunlap every sunday, from 6-12 or something like that. Haven't fished in one of those yet but will probably try to do that sooner or later. Just thought I'd pass the word on...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts